Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
YwainDigsLions

Game On!

Recommended Posts

As Hzark suggested, I ran a one-shot of Pendragon for my gaming group when our regular GM couldn't show to run Pathfinder. It was the introductory scenario from KAP 5.2 where the squires go on a bear hunt, fight some bandits, and then get knighted. A couple of days later, I got an email asking if I could run a bi-weekly campaign on a different day. Here comes the Great Pendragon Campaign!

(I guess that also means more questions will pop up on this forum.)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YwainDigsLions said:

(I guess that also means more questions will pop up on this forum.)

Congratulations! And by all means, that is what the forum is all about! :)

Do you have the GPC extension (from BoUther or standalone) starting at 480, or are you starting at Year 485 (GPC)? In the former case, you might download the Marriage of Count Roderick, which is available for free from Chaosium site. It helps to bulk up the early 480s, as well as establish the Salisbury-Levcomagus feud. Well, you might download it anyway, to get the context for that feud, as well as a framework for running 'embassies' of your own.

Here are a few of old Nocturnal Forum threads that might help (the first one does have some relevance for campaigns starting in 485, too):

Starting the Campaign in 480 rather than 485: Things to consider http://kapresources.wpengine.com/Pendragon Forum Archive/index.php/t-2552.html

Lethality of Pendragon: When it is and when it isn't http://kapresources.wpengine.com/Pendragon Forum Archive/index.php/t-2279.html

Anarchy: Some GMing advice (especially about the Sauvage Forest) http://kapresources.wpengine.com/Pendragon Forum Archive/index.php/t-2589.html

Grand Unified Adventure Timeline http://kapresources.wpengine.com/Pendragon Forum Archive/index.php/t-2802.html

 

Edited by Morien
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very handy stuff! I started a small GPC this past weekend - a single in-person player, and chose to start in 480. Well, 479 and had the PK and his NPCish companion PK knighted in 479. I adjusted the prior family histories to have them start at 21 at knighting, with fathers' dead. 

Good luck to the OP - I'm right there with you. ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Morien said:

Congratulations! And by all means, that is what the forum is all about! :)

Do you have the GPC extension (from BoUther or standalone) starting at 480, or are you starting at Year 485 (GPC)? In the former case, you might download the Marriage of Count Roderick, which is available for free from Chaosium site. It helps to bulk up the early 480s, as well as establish the Salisbury-Levcomagus feud. Well, you might download it anyway, to get the context for that feud, as well as a framework for running 'embassies' of your own.

Here are a few of old Nocturnal Forum threads that might help (the first one does have some relevance for campaigns starting in 485, too):

Starting the Campaign in 480 rather than 485: Things to consider http://kapresources.wpengine.com/Pendragon Forum Archive/index.php/t-2552.html

Lethality of Pendragon: When it is and when it isn't http://kapresources.wpengine.com/Pendragon Forum Archive/index.php/t-2279.html

Anarchy: Some GMing advice (especially about the Sauvage Forest) http://kapresources.wpengine.com/Pendragon Forum Archive/index.php/t-2589.html

Grand Unified Adventure Timeline http://kapresources.wpengine.com/Pendragon Forum Archive/index.php/t-2802.html

 

I'm going all in, starting at 480 (I have the BoU), so thanks for all the links!

With the GPC in the back of my mind, I had the PKs make their family histories with the Book of Sires and adjusted birth dates for themselves/father/grandfather. But I didn't realize Roderick wasn't married in 479, so they met Ellen and their child in Sarum, but I can easily retcon that (I also need to retcon their chargers and a couple other minor things anyway).

Edited by YwainDigsLions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, YwainDigsLions said:

I'm going all in, starting at 480 (I have the BoU), so thanks for all the links!

Happy to help. Any questions, feel free to ask. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...