Nephilim, expanded universe.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I find the concepts of "Nephilim: Occult Roleplaying" very intriguing, beyond just being a game. The Nephilim game ties many elements together, and it can be allot to juggle, but it is a game that exp

Ever the apologist (I should change my screen name to that), I like to refer to the general sense of spiritual confusion among the Nephilim worldwide and assume that the arguments occurring between ga

I honestly wonder what is the incentive to play this version of the game over Mage:the Awakening, which is also a game focusing on occult mysteries, and not the metaphysical game that is Ascension.

On 9/8/2020 at 4:47 AM, Mugen said:

I honestly wonder what is the incentive to play this version of the game over Mage:the Awakening, which is also a game focusing on occult mysteries, and not the metaphysical game that is Ascension.

Except, obviously, if you dislike the WoD/CoD rules, which is a perfectly fine reason to play another game.

The secret societies are more concrete antagonists than the Seers of the Throne. They have concrete goals relevant to the nephilim themselves: hunt down nephilim in order to drain their blood or transform nephilim into homunculus slaves.

On 9/8/2020 at 4:47 AM, Mugen said:

Ar-Kaïm were not well-received in France, where they were seen as an unnecessary excuse to play "manga/anime" (Saint Seiya/Knights of the Zodiac, essentially) characters in a setting that originally focused on occult inquiries over violence and fights.

I think they were introduced as a way to have simpler characters, and not a problem with the concept of spirits living in human bodies, which was never a big concern for french players.

Fair enough. I still think it would be interesting to explore the concept of immortals who (potentially) have all eight elements or otherwise non-standard arrangements.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2020 at 9:34 PM, MoonRightRomantic said:

Fair enough. I still think it would be interesting to explore the concept of immortals who (potentially) have all eight elements or otherwise non-standard arrangements.

A good example of this could be a version of Highlander immortals which would fit really well into Nephilim.