GM screen?

mummi

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made my own. I printed out various pages from the PDF BRP rules on to sticky paper and stuck them to some card sheets. I put images from the book on the out-side so the players would have something to look at other than blank card.

jeah ... did the same kinda... but I when I printed out the resistance table my printer did not print out the active and passive numbers :S I have no idea why it did that.

...and ordered the three panel screen from Studio Two Publishing.

On the GM side, screen one, I was able to cram the Major Wounds, Attack & Defense Matrix and home-brew expanded Melee and Missile Hit Locations charts.

On the GM's center screen I fiddled and fit Movement Rates, Sailing Speeds, Rowing Speeds, Average Sailing Speeds, Terrain and Weather Modifiers, Characteristic Rolls Summary, Inns Taverns and Eatery Pricelist, Special Success Summary, Melee Weapon Attack Fumble Results and Melee weapon Parry Fumble Results charts. Some of these are not in BRP but are from RQ III and SB5. A couple like the Characteristic Rolls Summary and Special Success Summary are simple summaries I wrote and chart-ified :thumb:. The characters in my campaign travel...a lot...hence the emphasis on travel charts.

On the right side I continued with the fumble charts and it sports Missile Weapon Attack Fumble Results, Natural Weapon Attack Fumble Results, expanded Arcane Effect and Fumble Results and a Combat Modifiers chart that summarizes modifiers to combat important to our game here.

On the players side, their right screen sports the Major Wounds, home brew and expanded Melee and Missile Hit Locations and Damage Bonus (up to str+siz 72) charts.

In the center is a screen displaying the Episode number of the present campaign and the date of game play according to three of the most popular calendars in the milieu. I also made a water mark bearing the campaign name for game-correspondence and I included that in the background behind the episode number.

On the players left hand screen are teh Attack & Defense Matrix and Combat Modifiers summary charts.

Player charts are a bit bigger than the GM's but not by much. I used MSword 2000, text boxes and tables. As it was a squeeze to get everything I wanted on the screen, I have to admit I wished there were four panels. I'm also not yet sure how I like the landscape orientation. To have another panel would have made room for a small campaign map on both sides of the screen, but I figure as we play, the screen will dynamically change, some things added and others discarded, as more and more of the engine becomes second nature. For that very reason I did not include a Resistance Chart as I and my players have memorized how the chart works and no longer need to consult one. One other thing I did was include the BRP page numbers where the chart information was located for quick look-up, particularly in the case of my summary charts.

Cheers,

Sunwolfe

Edited by Sunwolfe
One more thing...

Present home-port: home-brew BRP/OQ SRD variant; past ports-of-call: SB '81, RQIII '84, BGB '08, RQIV(Mythras) '12,  MW '15, and OQ '17

BGB BRP: 0 edition: 20/420; .pdf edition: 06/11/08; 1st edition: 06/13/08

I strongly encourage folks to email Dustin and express an interest in such a project.

A landscape 3-panel GM screen combined with a packet of tables, character sheets, etc. would be invaluable.

Done

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

I strongly encourage folks to email Dustin and express an interest in such a project.

A landscape 3-panel GM screen combined with a packet of tables, character sheets, etc. would be invaluable.

Forgive my ignorance but who is Dustin and what is his email? :D

• 2 weeks later...

It is worth pointing out again, that Pinnacle Entertainment offers a customizable 3-panel, landscape DM screen.

EDIT: Hammerdog Games also offers a customizable 4-panel DM screen.

I had originally planned on creating BRP GM Screen inserts for the Pinnacle screen (just as a fan of the system, nothing "official"), but I've just been too busy to get around to it.

Hopefully things will calm down a bit and I can get on that.

Mike Dukes

VP- Creative Director

www.daringentertain.com

Daring Visions

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had originally planned on creating BRP GM Screen inserts for the Pinnacle screen (just as a fan of the system, nothing "official"), but I've just been too busy to get around to it.

Hopefully things will calm down a bit and I can get on that.

Have things calmed down for you? :D

I don't know whether you have noticed that this weekend I've uploaded a Word and PDF version of my BRP screen to the downloads section. I know it's not great, but it's OK and I'm planning to improve it as I continue working on my campaign.

The screen is basically tables copied from the PDF version of the book and pasted in a 3 A4 landscape Word document. They are inserts for the Savage Worlds customizable screen (or a homemade alternative like mine).

Anyway, it would be great if you upload your screens too.

By the way, I've uploaded too an Excel and PDF version of my character sheet.

Here are images of my GM screen :P

Here is it folded a same height as A4 but a bit wider.

Image100.jpg

Image101.jpg

Here it is fully open it spans just over 5 A4's

Image102.jpg

The inside

Image103.jpg

And the Player side, it's all black but I might get some nice stickers etc.. to make it look more interesting but what I taught about doing was clipping on it maps and images etc.. for each quest.

Image104.jpg

I printed out the tables from the BRP book and put the ones I think are the most used while playing or atleast the ones I use the most.

and sorry for the bad quality I took them on my phone. what do you guy's think?

I made/edited a GM Screen for DC Heroes years ago, used comic book images for the outside cover and a copy of the real screens interior on the, well, interior. I used paste to stick the images/charts to a Star Frontiers GM Screen and then lamenated the screen at kinkos. Made perfect sense since my first copy of DC Heroes 2nd Edition was a photocopied copy of a friend of mine's copy, which was also bound a kinkos. I used the home made screen for years, and it still sits on the shelf behind me. I even used the screen when I got my own real copy of DC Heroes 2E and even when I got my own Blood of Heroes GM Screen in 2002. (Blood of Heroes was the continuation of DC Heroes 3E).

Enquiring minds want to know:lol: Especially as it looks like a semi acoustic bass which is a pretty rare animal guitar wise

heh.. yeah it is an Acoustic bass but enough about that! I knew I should have taken it out of the picture :D

What tables would everyone like to see on a screen?

I prefer landscape screens myself, how about you?

I was thinking of taking my hand at one, so I am taking requests for content. :D

Like - What goes on the screen and what would be best in a packet?

Trentin C Bergeron

Bard, Creative, & RPG Enthusiast