Introducing the Jonstown Compendium: community creator program for Glorantha (RuneQuest/HeroQuest Glorantha)

MOB

On 9/8/2019 at 11:34 PM, MOB said:

BRP Central folks: If you are interested in contributing to the Jonstown Compendium, and would like your creation to feature on launch or soon after, contact me at mob@chaosium.com and I can forward you the User Guidelines and templates etc so you can get started. nb we're not posting this material publicly yet in case we or DTRPG/OneBookShelf need to make any alterations.

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

1 hour ago, Shawn Carpenter said:

I'm trying to verify that is also the point of contact for contributions, not just for guidelines and templates.

For anything related to Jonstown Compendium, contact MOB as noted above - the guidelines walk you through everything you need to do. You will be responsible for putting the material together and contributing directly to DTRPG. 

If you're asking about more formal projects, then that would be Jason.

8 hours ago, Shawn Carpenter said:

Yep. I already have all that. I'm trying to verify that is also the point of contact for contributions, not just for guidelines and templates.

Once the Jonstown Compendium is live on DriveThruRPG you'll be able to submit directly there. What I am currently soliciting is content to have on the site when it goes live. Rather than just an empty black maw of chaos. If you have something ready now, please email me with it and we'll get it uploaded before the launch. 

• 1 month later...

Great news! DriveThruRPG have let us know The Jonstown Compendium is going live this Friday (29th)! Here are the five initial releases from community creators - the first of many, exploring Greg Stafford's world of Glorantha:

377060652_SeedreleasesforJC.thumb.png.a6e5b5ab4a82e5136de93475ace79277.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, MOB said:

Great news! DriveThruRPG have let us know The Jonstown Compendium is going live this Friday (29th)! Here are the five initial releases from community creators - the first of many, exploring Greg Stafford's world of Glorantha:

Great news indeed, MOB Thank you! Ran out of likes so imagine me clicking a thank you. Nice day  for BRP when that happens...

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Like 2

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

9 minutes ago, Richard S. said:

Nice to see we're getting a public release of Martin Helsdon's army book!

Yeah, I am really proud of what Martin did, especially since from time to time I'd send him the current working manuscript of the Dragon Pass armies chapter, which would annoyingly contradict what had been sent him before.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

I lost track of who's who between the real names on those books, and the forum handles, so I can't properly @ them to shower them with gratitude for their work... but I'll make sure to get those PDFs on day 1! Meanwhile, I'm looking at the pitiful half page of notes I have for a potential Compendium scenario... shame! shame!

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

On 11/26/2019 at 5:15 PM, Jeff said:

Yeah, I am really proud of what Martin did, especially since from time to time I'd send him the current working manuscript of the Dragon Pass armies chapter, which would annoyingly contradict what had been sent him before.

Thank you.

I have taken certain... liberties... with the material you kindly shared, mostly small expansions based upon assumptions, and some of those 'new' 'old' regiments have illustrations. Some of those 'new' regiments appear in very old Greg documents, mostly lacking information beyond the name, all shared with you, that were unearthed in the process of collecting information over three years. The only changes that had me perplexed for a time were the 'new' 'old' Lunar Army Corps, and I hope how I have integrated and explained them is amusing.

I will be bringing some hardcopies to Dragonmeet on Saturday.

If updates are allowed to DriveThruRPG, I hope to periodically update the book with any new information. Something appeared on FB today which added a sentence to one regiment...

Edited by M Helsdon
  • Like 7

On 11/26/2019 at 11:14 AM, lordabdul said:

I lost track of who's who between the real names on those books, and the forum handles, so I can't properly @ them to shower them with gratitude for their work... but I'll make sure to get those PDFs on day 1! Meanwhile, I'm looking at the pitiful half page of notes I have for a potential Compendium scenario... shame! shame!

I will be getting the one I contributed to on day one for free, and no, I will not tell you which one, You will just have to buy them all.

Cheers

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

I will be getting the one I contributed to on day one for free, and no, I will not tell you which one, You will just have to buy them all.

Cheers

What the old geezer isn't telling us is that he actually doesn't remember which one he contributed to, which is why he can't tell us :P

• Haha 2

Only the Bandit Ducks seem to be showing up just now.  Was there a delay with the others?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Well you know those ducks and how pushy they are...

Bill d'yever play with more anthro ducks than they are typically presented? like, taller and able to actually fight, rather than being basically, uh, actual ducks?

side note I just bought this (link below)

PREORDER BACK ORDER Be Goose Do Crimes Iron On Patch image 0

https://t.co/YodQSF8coR?amp=1

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Qizilbashwoman said:

Bill d'yever play with more anthro ducks than they are typically presented? like, taller and able to actually fight, rather than being basically, uh, actual ducks?

Well I came to RQ in the 80s after reading Gerber’s Howard the Duck so no, while my first character ever was a duck thief he spoke with a bronx accent and smoked cheroots! I was tempted to add the fedora and tie but thought that was too much. So no, a standard every day duck... err durulz!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1