Reprints and/or POD of Glorantha Classics?

TalionUK

Hi,

Does anyone know if reprints of the Glorantha Classics Griffin Mountain, Pavis & Big Rubble or the Cult Compendium are planned?

Alternatively is it possible to purchase these from a site that offers a print on demand service.

I’ve purchased the hardback of Borderlands & Beyond, along with PDFs of Griffin Mountain and Pavis & Big Rubble. The Cult Compendium has a hardback option, but there is no facility to add it to the cart.

Thanks in advance.

Ross

• Like 1

Hi Rojo,

Thanks for responding.

The hardback Borderlands & Beyond I ordered was listed as from a USA warehouse. Shipping was £43.92 which is a LOT, but not much in the way of options.  It seems strange that they won't let me add the Cults Compendium which they also show as available in hardback.  

Regarding the others, are you aware of any POD service etc where I can get them printed?

Thanks.

Ross

50 minutes ago, Steve said:

A reprint of the Glorantha Classics seems much less likely than making the RuneQuest Classics available in print, probably via POD.

This!
And it is the 40th anniversary of Cults of Prax, so this year is a good opportunity to bring CoP in print for the RQC line

Edited by prinz.slasar
  • Like 2

Also I'd love a PoD option for all the old PDF material offered. I managed to get a physical copy of Borderlands & Beyond (though it was softcover, not hardcover?) but haven't seen a physical option for the others. I currently imagine Chaosium has no near-future plans for doing so, since this topic has come up several times, and I don't believe I've seen it officially addressed.

(Although I wouldn't be surprised if a long-future plan for a print run of RQClassic is on someone's memos somewhere, as @Steve suggested.)

• Like 1

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

The relevant quotes are:

Regarding reprinting the Gloranthan Classics:

On 4/20/2017 at 8:03 PM, Rick Meints said:

Will you reprint the first two volumes of the Gloranthan Classics?
It is extremely unlikely that we will do another regular print run of them. Not in hardcover or in softcover. As I have said several times, we do NOT have a good "printer ready" version of Pavis & Big Rubble any more. That book was produced from FILM, not a PDF. Yes, back in the stone age books were made "camera ready" and produced from film. I didn't create a great PDF of that book for the printer, because they did a lot of the pre-press work for me. Yes, a PDF of Pavis & Big Rubble obviously exists (and we sell it), but a lot of the graphics in it would have to be redone in Photoshop before it could be used to print out a great looking copy of the book. The PDF looks ok on a computer screen, but not so great when professionally printed. Some day all 4 volumes of the Gloranthan Classics will be available as POD, probably via Lulu or DTRPG, but I regret to announce that it isn't a high priority for us. In the end, wonderful as the printed Gloranthan Classics are, the number of people who haven't already bought them, but still will actually buy them isn't as big a number as you would think. For example, the Cult Compendium is brilliant, but we sell maybe 1 or 2 hardcover or softcovers of it per month.

Regarding reprinting the RuneQuest Classics

On 3/3/2016 at 10:05 PM, Rick Meints said:

That said, we are reprinting all of the Gloranthan RQ2 products as part of the RuneQuest Classic series, and then we are very likely to do likewise with RQ3.

Edited by prinz.slasar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Crel 

I may have incorrectly assumed that Borderlands & Beyond was hardback when I ordered it as Cult Compendium had Hardback after the name.

Not an issue if it's soft cover as it’s a physical version!

I really hope they offer a Euro friendly print on demand option to their offerings.  I’ve been making good use of drivethrurpg recently and been happy with their service.

1 hour ago, Bill the barbarian said:

I must ask you to desist, some of us like the name Gagog, when you dislike something you make it very definately known so please stop.

In fairness to you Qizilbashwoman, rather than saying just stop I should give you a little more to rebut should you feel the need...

I usually do not worry about the small letters I include tnem for completeness for the most a part so GaGoG really to my mind is GGG. Now to be honest being canadian we have a frig (see, see) of a lot o’ weird words, not only have them but love them. So GaGoG ranks up there with mukluk, blubber, toque, toboggan, I could go on (he could, really) so attacking (sorry) a word I love, and please other that the obvious TLA let us not go with Deities of Glorantha sorry lordabdul). Let is celebrate our goddesses. In fact let’s change the name to Goddesses and Gods of Glorantha keep the GGG and the GaGoG and have fun. After all,, goddesses have always had the best stories were the most heoric hell the best of dieties on the lozenge. 

I shall now desist and be nice

Cheers

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

4 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

I must ask you to desist, some of us like the name Gagog, when you dislike something you make it very definately known so please stop.

not sure if serious, but I actually only made the ol' R.A.L.K.A.Z.A.R.K. joke before this after a bunch of other people were making ridiculous names for it (how could I not) and I actually am fine with the name? maybe you confused my replies with someone else?