Required books?

11 hours ago, Username said:

@Atgxtg

I have a few other questions about your experience with the BoB, but I think we're really derailing the thread. Sorry.

Username, this discussion on BoB is very interesting (for me at least). Maybe you could open a new thread? Or continue here, no one has complained yet about trail derailing... 🙂
This community is very courteous (of course!), so feel free to ask your questions wherever you deem appropriate.

23 hours ago, Atgxtg said:

5. Enemy Unit(s) determined, PKs make opposed rolls vs. enemy (this typically takes about 4 minutes, maybe a little more if the PKs are fighting multiple enemies; also note that unless the PKs are going to go into extended melee with an enemy, there is no point in the players actually rolling damage when they win.)

I'd probably also roll damage for the First Charge and any subsequent lance charges, to see if the lance breaks and is available for subsequent rounds.

37 minutes ago, SaxBasilisk said:

I'd probably also roll damage for the First Charge and any subsequent lance charges, to see if the lance breaks and is available for subsequent rounds.

If you want to streamline, just use the (successful) attack roll instead: odd roll = breaks, even = stays intact.

51 minutes ago, SaxBasilisk said:

You could do that, but it's probably not necessary. In most cases knights have several lances, and with the way battle rounds works, they would have the chance to ready a new one if they needed to. Also, most of the PKs tend to prefer to use another weapon outside of a charge.

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

12 hours ago, mandrill_one said:

Username, this discussion on BoB is very interesting (for me at least). Maybe you could open a new thread? Or continue here, no one has complained yet about trail derailing... 🙂
This community is very courteous (of course!), so feel free to ask your questions wherever you deem appropriate.

I certainly don't need much justification. My biggest remaining question is two fold, do you run many player led battles and if so, do you feel like they often result in ties? The other one which I'm just curious about, do you let the players choose their extended melees? And how many do you have a battle?