Mythras Supers

Acatiaant

• 1 month later...

Destined is completing editing and will be heading for art direction very soon.

20 minutes ago, RogerDee said:

How crunchy or simple will this be?

As it's Mythras-based, its similar in crunch level. In terms of simplicity, the powers are very easy to understand and implement. Powers are always 'on', and don't cost any Power Points to use; however, they can be boosted, and this is what takes a superpower into remarkable and quite unique territory. Boosts cost Power Points to activate and enhance the core power. It's a very simple, very elegant solution that allows for quite a high degree of scaling up, without wrecking the underlying power economy.

The Destined team (Mike and Brian) have just featured in a Mythras Matters podcast, discussing where they're up to.

I'm really impressed with the work they've done on Destined. I can't wait to see it out there.

Edited by lawrence.whitaker
  • Like 7

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

Tracking Power cost was always a bit of a pain in Superworld, but it was also a cap on a powerful hero not being able to use maximum power every time.Β  The idea of powers being boosted sounds interesting and my obsession with collecting super hero RPGs will probably not be broken with the release of Mythras Supers.Β Β  πŸ˜„

On 7/13/2020 at 9:04 PM, ORtrail said:

Tracking Power cost was always a bit of a pain in Superworld, but it was also a cap on a powerful hero not being able to use maximum power every time.Β  The idea of powers being boosted sounds interesting and my obsession with collecting super hero RPGs will probably not be broken with the release of Mythras Supers.Β Β  πŸ˜„

You can get an idea of how it works with Agony & Ecstasy, which is an adventure for Mythras and includes pregens and a subset of what is in Destiny. I find it pretty clever.Β 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
45 minutes ago, lawrence.whitaker said:

Destined is going through proofing and indexing right now. It'll be released early next year.

You also don't need either Mythras or Imperative: it's a self-contained game. πŸ™‚

Self-contained? Wow, that's great!

Any indication on the expected size of the book. How about production value? Should we expect something along the lines of Lyonesse (hardcover, black and white art with colour borders and maps)?

Lastly, any chance you could share a character write-up and let speculations go wild?

• Like 1