Chaosium.com Security Certificate error

Steve

There seems to be something wrong with the security certificate at chaosium.com. This leads to my mobile provider blocking me from the site on security grounds unless I use a VPN to stop my mobile provider interfering. So I can't access Jason's Q&A document, for example.à

See attached screenshot.

Screenshot_20190929-101549.png

12 minutes ago, RosenMcStern said:

ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID means that the browser/reverse proxy/whatever does not "know" or "trust" digicert. More a problem of your ISP than Chaosium, I think. Did you try clicking on "Advanced"?

Yes, I can try "Advanced" but as I said earlier, my mobile provider blocks the site as unsafe. I don't agree that it's a problem with my ISP. It's my browser (Chrome on Android) reporting a problem with the chaosium.com certificate.

There are several thing that can cause this error.

At the moment, I don't think the error is with Chaosium.

I just hit wellofdaliath.chaosium.com from my phone and from my laptop, for example.

Also check your local time/timezone to make sure they're correct...  Maybe a "daylight savings" glitch?

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 9/29/2019 at 4:21 PM, Steve said:

There seems to be something wrong with the security certificate at chaosium.com. This leads to my mobile provider blocking me from the site on security grounds unless I use a VPN to stop my mobile provider interfering. So I can't access Jason's Q&A document, for example.à

I've just checked all of our certificates and they are all installed properly. This is likely a propagation problem with the DNS of your mobile or VPN provider's DNS not yet updated as I only added the certificate for that site late last week. It may be further complicated as the site had a broken DNS for some months which I've just managed to fix. Google will eventually see it's now working and update its search. Depending on how your VPN is setup it may use your providers DNS for lookup or its own (https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/13900/if-i-use-a-vpn-who-will-resolve-my-dns-requests).

Edited by Scotty
  • Thanks 2