JanPospisil

Give me your ideas for Gloranthan Inktober!

3 minutes ago, metcalph said:

The comment about the Wolf Pirates looting the coast is interesting.  Whereas would they be looting besides Corflu?  The nearest human settlement would be God Forgot which about 150 miles away.

There's at least one fishing community further up the coast (described in Greg's The Sea Cave). But that would offer pretty slim pickings too, unless the Wolf Pirates were seeking to capture slaves.

I suspect the reason why the Wolf Pirates demurred at Corflu is that they weighed up the meagre pickings they'd reap sacking the place against the consequences of unnecessarily antagonising the Lunars, who garrisoned the place as their territory.  Bigger fish to fry.

• Like 2

So I finished the wolf pirate woman today. Looks like I'm doing one every two days or so. (it's really 30 - 60 minutes before bed, no time during the day)

Keep the ideas coming!

• Like 1

Okay a bit pedestrian but how about a scene at the Tin Inn, eh? The butt ugly gent below playing up a storm on his fiddle whilst his manservant sans armour is playing snooker, chess or darts (your choice) with again, your choice of Inn denizens. Cheers!

image.png.0aa228e9f8c9227b38d067796f25226d.png

image.png.41d735aa7c938735c214f2bcb79bf526.png

Edited by Bill the barbarian

How about a Trickster using "Safe Drunk" to wander through a pitched battle, trying to seduce the axe maidens? 

Safe Drunk 

Cost: 3 MP 
Range: Personal 
Duration: Length of Inebriety 
Non-stackable 
Reusable 
This spell only works when the caster is totally drunk beyond any ability to act, think, or remember. It calls upon the raw power of Disorder to protect the caster from any harm or capture while in that state. A Safe Drunk may wander through an apocalyptic battle, stumbling under scythes, weaving through impenetrable arrow fire, falling under screaming death magics, avoiding and/or accidentally killing foes. It cannot be dispelled. There is one drawback. Safe Drunk does not keep the caster from waking up in an unknown lover's bed.

http://www.jane-williams.me.uk/glorantha/vinga/bgor.cfm 

• Like 3

An "action" picture of a Trollball game. 
The players are Uz (Trolls), well armed (but not overly heavy), with blunt weapons in hands. The ball is a Trollkin of course. 

Bildergebnis für Rugby

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, EricW said:

... does not keep the caster from waking up in an unknown lover's bed...

, or a known but profoundly problematic lover.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One other possibility just struck me, if you wish a chuck jones style cartoony tin inn you could have quackjohn warming up his pipes, seeing as in his own not so humble opinion he sings opera wonderfully. I envision Pranble holding his ears in pain and dismay as he waits for the goddess of muse to take him. Shuffle the trollkin (just snuck in to steal a pie) trying to climb up the chimney in panicked flight, The thane drawing arms and calling for peace, order and good governance or some such hogwash, while a few poor souls jump out the windows. You know, subtle....

I'd love to see more imagery of ghosts and spirits and gods, especially minor spirits, the sort of thing adventurers are likely to bump into and upset. What does the spirit of a mountain look like? Or the spirit of a meadow? Naiads/dryads/oreads, etc.

Off the top of my head I don't really have a starting reference to offer, but I recall really enjoying the landscape spirit art in Magic: The Gathering's Theros expansion (which I'm admittedly biased in favor of as a classicist).

Also a trollball figure or two sounds hilarious. Do we actually have any canon images anywhere of trollball? Poor little enlo...

• Like 1

I'd have to scan them, and I'm currently lazy to do that. Maybe when I have more than four?

And yeah, they're ink and white pencil drawings on smallish toned paper, not great for anything super detailed. (or colour obvs)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JanPospisil said:

I'd have to scan them, and I'm currently lazy to do that. Maybe when I have more than four?

And yeah, they're ink and white pencil drawings on smallish toned paper, not great for anything super detailed. (or colour obvs)

Eagerly awaiting!

4 hours ago, Crel said:

Also a trollball figure or two sounds hilarious. Do we actually have any canon images anywhere of trollball? Poor little enlo...

Troll Pak has a scene with two or three muscular trolls chasing a frightened trollkin, elbowing one another to get at the critter. I made a team t-shirt out of that for Convulsion 1994.

I wrote a scenario for Red Cow clan (The Coming Storm) about an abandoned baby laden with positive omens. I had an illustration idea for it. The scenario begins when the characters find the baby abandoned on the stairs of Ernalda cult house or loom house (next to the Grave Hill) during a stormy night. The thing is that aggressive snakes have gathered to guard the basket where the baby is and try to fend off the characters. I can imagine that the cloth in the basket is decorated with runes. I would really like to see this kind of drawing and maybe use it when running the scenario in conventions.

• Like 2