Sign in to follow this  
MOB

The stars are soon to align on Roll20

1947854114_Rolle20announcement.png.6c818e1ee7c2085f4653b596a25ef36d.png

The stars will soon align! : Call of Cthulhu is officially coming to Roll20, the on line virtual tabletop for pen and paper RPGs. 

To mark the announcement, Roll20 have created their own version of The Lightless Beacon for Call of Cthulhu, one of the five FREE scenarios we're releasing as part of our #WeAreAllUs memorial to Chaosium founder Greg Stafford on October 10.

If you'd like the Roll20 version, simply sign up for it at the link: https://roll20.net/call-of-cthulhu.

Our Stream of Chaos team also recently played Call of Cthulhu on Roll20, as part of Roll20Con. Their scenario of choice was the one-shot Dead Light: something has been released out there amid the darkness, the howling wind, and lashing rain... You can watch that here:

• Like 1

I'm very glad to hear this. Will there be an official character sheet and/or a script to handle bonus/penalty or will the existing one be made official? 

• Like 1

For anyone playing the home game, Lightless Beacon was released on roll20 as well as in PDF. They did a pretty nice job. They use the community sheet, which means the critters aren't statted out for rolls which I think is a long-term issue. (Edit to note that there is now a stat option for critters, but they didn't provide them.) But they did a great job with one map having the map on a player layer and the key on a GM layer, plus another indoors map uses advanced fog of war to good effect. I've never liked the presentation of text in roll20, but it works in a short scenario like this. I'd love to see them do The Haunting in a similar fashion and I think it would help drive new players. All the handouts are there and set up well, which is useful. 

Edited by Numtini