Some thoughts on the Rattling Wind (spoilers)

Akhôrahil

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:40 AM, Mirza said:

Pattern branding seems to only be done to specifically valued animals, not necessarily an entire herd, but this feels like exactly something that would be done for a Rune Lords horses.

I like this idea. Maybe feathers/wings on the side of a Yelmalion's horse, elaborate swirls and whorls for a Wind Lord's steed, lines of text for a Sage to show off their learning, skulls or blades for a Sword's warhorse.

On 10/11/2019 at 7:40 AM, Jeff said:

I am hiding any discussion of the maps, as there was an error in them which is already being fixed for the final version.

By "final version", do you mean there is a final version of the free scenario that is available,  or the version that will be included in the Pegaus Plateau book?

5 hours ago, gochie said:

As a munchkin player I would totally cover/alter the sword in some way so that it wouldn't be recognized, and rebrand the horses.

... that's not really uh how it works

if you're a Wind Lord you're not going to rebrand your steed to hide it

Edited by Qizilbashwoman

4 minutes ago, Qizilbashwoman said:

These seem to be rather blanket statements. If your lord or lady does not have a restriction against subterfuge, I see no reason not to use tried and true military tactics. 

YGWV

• Like 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

14 minutes ago, Qizilbashwoman said:

I mean... Hide the Lunar branding, if that's an issue (as was said above). Or flash it if your confident enough lol.

On 10/31/2019 at 2:08 AM, Qizilbashwoman said:

This reminds me of the faculty of the Unseen University in the Discworld books, who were trying to sneak into somewhere, but couldn't be seen as wizards. Someone suggested that they take off their Pointy Hats, but that was was met with blank looks and total bemusement at how such a thing could be possible as they were Wizards and their Pointy Hats defined them. The solution was as silly as it was sensible, they wore wire hooks going from their ears to their beards, making it look as though they were wearing false beards and were pretending to be Wizards. Genius. It also fits in with my idea that guards in any RPG are inherently stupid/gullible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here