Sign in to follow this  
Agentorange

Worlds United...your thoughts ?

Hi Guys,

I was wondering what people thoughts were on Worlds United . I keep looking at it, and almost certainly am going to buy it. But was curious what other people thought. it's always nice to get feedback before splashing the cash.

I have the pdf version. I like it a bunch. It, combined with after the vampire wars, provides quite the system for doing various power levels of things. WU is quite flavorful. Definitely pairs well with monster island as well, as a place to crash land in your rocket ship carrying your ray gun 

I totally forgot the existence of this until now; bought the PDF. Thanks for this thread!

Their nuclear rockets have an exhaust velocity of about "25 times that of the best chemical rockets", which would translate into roughly 111,550 m/s. This results in these delta V numbers per tenth of ship mass as fuel:

1       11,753
2       24,892
3       39,787
4       56,983
5       77,321
6       102,212
7       134,303
8       179,533
9       256,853
9.9     513,707
9.99    770,560
9.999   1,027,413

I'll have to read the rest later on, but it does look promising from what I've seen already. :)

Edited by Thot

On 10/29/2019 at 1:27 PM, Thot said:

I'll have to read the rest later on, but it does look promising from what I've seen already. :)

So... Having read it further, the idea does have merits, but somehow doesn't enthrall me to run a campaign in it.  I'd maybe use it in some kind of world hopping campaign as a stop between adventures. But for a setting fully based on this one world, it seems... too peaceful? I mean, sure, there's the Cold War with a somehow only half-communist dictatorial Soviet Union, but that doesn't really inspire me. Maybe it's using a divergence point way, way in the ancient past of the early 20th century that fails to bewitch me... but then again, it's the only that makes sense when emulating the pulp sf, "inhabited  solar system" genre.

It's pulp in all its glory. Not quite my genre, but it's well done, I enjoyed the read.

Edited by Thot
  • Like 1