Crel

I converted the scenario "Temple at Feroda" from the Gloranthan Classics PDF Pavis & Big Rubble from RQ2 to RQG to practice the math & formatting, and (hopefully) use in my own game. Figure since I've got a clean and tidy version I'd share with y'all :). You'll still need a copy of Big Rubble in some form to run the scenario.

As an aside, I found that in RQG baboons have a hit point distribution not provided in "Creature Hit Locations" on pages 10 and 11 of the Glorantha Bestiary. Based on the baboon entry, here's what I determined is the chart for 13–15 hit points. As usual, for each additional 3 hit points, add 1 to each location. Subtract 1 per 3 points below 13.

Baboon Hit Locations

D20

Hit Points

Right Hind Leg

01–02

Left Hind Leg

03–04

Abdomen

05–07

Chest

08–10

Right Foreleg

11–13

Left Foreleg

14–16

Head

17–20

RQG Temple at Feroda Conversion.pdf

• Thanks 6

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

4 hours ago, Puckohue said:

Thanks. Do you think it's worth the energy? The alternative being just going with the RQ2 stats.

I'm not certain. Part of it is I do enjoy doing it, and it's good practice; if I do it enough, eventually I'll get all the different charts memorized, for example. A big factor is also that RQ2 doesn't seem nearly as seamless as it's presented to be; missing out on things like Rune magic for initiates and differences between old & new cults adds different elements to play and changes difficulties.

For example, in the baboon troop's stats, changing the Daka Fal Rune Lord to an initiate with good combat stats, and changing the priest to a shaman per the new cult writeup. Also, RQ2 baboons have humanoid hit locations, not their own, I found.

• Like 2

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

28 minutes ago, Qizilbashwoman said:

given that baboons and trolls have essentially the same body plan, I am a little surprised they'd bother to give baboons a special hit location layout in RQG. I very much doubt I'd use it!

FWIW all trolls in the Bestiary (from trollkin to Uzuz) have the standard humanoid hit locations. They are presented as standing basically upright; although no pictures of baboons are offered, I think the implication is that they mostly move around on all fours, hence the different hit location table.

Their hit locations are the same numbers as four-legged creatures; the table renames "Hindquarters" to "Abdomen" and "Forequarters" to "Chest." Additionally, they have one less hit point in their limbs than four-legged creatures for the same hit point bracket.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2019 at 8:35 PM, Puckohue said:

Thanks. Do you think it's worth the energy? The alternative being just going with the RQ2 stats.

To be honest, I don't convert Hit Points, Armour Points, Strike Ranks or Weapon stats. I just leave them as they are and treat them as slightly unusual versions of people/weapons. It makes scenarios a lot easier to use.

• Like 2

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

1 hour ago, soltakss said:

To be honest, I don't convert Hit Points, Armour Points, Strike Ranks or Weapon stats. I just leave them as they are and treat them as slightly unusual versions of people/weapons. It makes scenarios a lot easier to use.

True, too true!

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!