Gender composition of cults

DrDave

There are explicitely more than one read-headed woman deities among the Orlanthi, with Vinga and Redalda being the best known ones. I suppose there should be one version of the axe women that comes with the red hair, too - and if it is just the clotting blood in Babeester's tresses.

There are un-gendered roles as Heortling cults. Traders, sages (despite the artificial beards, or perhaps because of them), entertainers, thieves/tricksters (althouth being unable to lose their penis is something of a loss for female tricksters), charioteers, and a number of moderately gendered ones - berserk, deathblade,  pacifist healer.

The 1 in 7 rule can be read in a number of ways, even if only applied to NPCs.

Published RQG suggests that at least one in seven Sartarite women remain in their birth clan even in exogynous clans (like e.g. the Varmandi herdswomen). It suggests that up to one in seven people cultists of the elemental deity usually associated with male ot female  gender has the opposite or a diverse gender - male, helering, neutral and nandan initiates of Ernalda, female, helering, neutral and vingan initiates of Orlanth. (Can there be vingan Ernalda or nandan Orlanth initiates?)

Telling how it is excessive verbis

5 hours ago, Joerg said:

(Can there be vingan Ernalda or nandan Orlanth initiates?)

I haven't done all the math but I believe it works out. You'd be a professional worshipper, though. Don't know how'd you get anything else done and you'd be poor as hell. Plus everyone would be annoyed with your pious peacocking.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...