Call of Cthulhu Leaps To 2nd Place In Orr Group Report (2nd most played game on Roll20 in Q3 2019)

MOB

• 1 year later...
Roll20's latest 'Orr Report' is out – with over 100 million total play hours logged in Q3 2020, we're pleased to see Call of Cthulhu remains the second-most played game on Roll20, even growing by 10.05%!

And as the report says, "with Compendium support and excellent modules like Harlem Unbound coming to the site, Call of Cthulhu’s growth isn’t surprising, and we expect to see it continue to flourish on Roll20, especially with some of the upcoming releases and developments on the horizon."

Throughout 2021 we'll be adding more Call of Cthulhu releases to Roll20 on a regular basis. Our existing titles include:

Edited by MOB
  • Like 5

Roll 20's Q4 2020 Orr Report is out today – there are now 8 million users of the platform, and over 10% of the campaigns being played there are Call of Cthulhu.

1689798345_ScreenShot2021-02-20at1_42_22pm.png.3bab22dca4f897490ba1bc30b2bc7911.png

And throughout 2021 we're adding a whole lot of new Call of Cthulhu content to Roll20. So, as they say in the report, if ever there was a great time to get into battling eldritch gods, it’s now!

• Like 2

On 2/20/2021 at 5:52 PM, DreadDomain said:

I was wondering what "Uncategorized" meant and how it was different than "Other Games"...

I assume "Uncategorized" are the games where Roll20 doesn't know what's being played, while "Other Games" are the ones where Roll20 has the data, but individually they add up to very small slices and so are best lumped together.

• 1 month later...

Chaosium’s Cthulhu Mythos-inspired TTRPG continues to grow, seeing even more growth than last quarter." — Roll20's Orr Report Q1 2021.

702685588_ScreenShot2021-04-16at5_25_21pm.png.2580be3e5d13fe378f53c7394e009fc9.png

As the overall number of people playing online continues to rise, we're pleased to see that more than 1 out of every 10 games on Roll20 are Call of Cthulhu, with a growth this quarter of 8.65%.

Roll20 logo

Play Call of Cthulhu with Roll20!

Throughout 2021 we'll be adding more Call of Cthulhu releases to Roll20 on a regular basis. Current titles include:

For useful tips and advice about playing Call of Cthulhu and other Chaosium games online, see our helpful Getting Started with Online Gaming guide.

Edited by MOB
  • Like 2

I am running two masks of Nyarlathotep campaigns on roll20. I wanted to just run one but I felt bad for all the people that applied for the campaign that I decided to run two of them. All my players agree that CoC is much more easier the D&D to play. Alot less dice rolling and if there is a dice rolling, it is with guns ablazing lol.

Anyway, I am so happy to see the Best RPG ever made climbing the rungs to being more and more popular. My players always tell me the reason they did not want to try CoC is because they heard characters die way too easy. I then tell them, thats just very bad GM'ing. Anyway keep up the good work.

Edited by sgtscott658
  • Like 2