Luck improvement question

daddystabz

Yes, Page 99, Optional Rules, Recovering Luck points:

Note: An investigator’s Luck score will vary throughout play, but may not exceed 99. The Luck starting value is not used again in the game. There are no resets and the starting value can be exceeded in play.

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

Keeper's choice. Many published adventures grant Luck as a reward for scenario consequences in lieu of Luck improvement checks. There are lots of ways to do it. It is less about the "right" way and more about what is best for your group.

Edited by klecser
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, daddystabz said:

Do you roll Luck improvement between game sessions even if you didn't spend any Luck?

I let my players do it when they ask me... if they don't ask, it means they probably don't feel so overwhelmed by the odds and I can add a couple monsters to the next encounter :D

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

On 11/3/2019 at 9:18 AM, daddystabz said:

Do you roll Luck improvement between game sessions even if you didn't spend any Luck?

Yes. The p.99 luck rules say "After each session of play, each player may make an improvement check for their luck". They do not stipulate that luck must've been spent. Otherwise it would be pretty hard (albeit not impossible) for the "starting value can be exceeded in play" rule to apply.

Edited by mvincent