Some map previews

Jeff

So I have been working on a master map of Dragon Pass, Kethaela, and Prax, as part of the RQ Campaign. The map is two A0 posters in size and consists of four A2 maps each. Here's some drafts of the A2s, complete with labels and vegetation layers.

Some explanation of the colors:

Dark green: heavy forest

Light green: mixed woods and grassland

Yellow: Either rich grasslands or SPECIAL (in the case of the print)

White: Grasslands or cultivated land. Or areas that we haven't figured out a color for, like the top of the Shadow Plateau.

Square with a dot: large city

Square: city

Circle with a dot: tribal center or other fortified settlement

Circle: Settlement

Dot: Place of interest

Three dots (Illusion Rune): Ruins

Enjoy!

Sartar map with vegetation.jpg

Tarsh map with vegetation.jpg

Heortland map with vegetation.jpg

North Esrolia with vegetation.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 9

What's the resolution of the terrain types? I notice that Arkat's Hold is surrounded by forest, but it is unlikely that the forest would reach all the way to the fortress walls, for instance.

The blue terrain for the Choralinthor Bay islands probably is unintentional, too?

Telling how it is excessive verbis

Thanks Jeff! So it looks like an iteration on the maps from the Guide To Glorantha, drawn at a much finer resolution?

I'm curious about the semi-regular dotting of settlements throughout some areas like Esrolia or Sartar. Is there a practical rationale there, like how human civilizations would naturally establish settlements on average between 1 and 3 hours' walk from each other depending on population density or something?

Are these maps for a particular book/release, or just a "let's map this thing once and for all at a usable level of detail"? Since I'm a map fanatic, I'd love to see detailed maps released with high enough production values to rival or surpass, say, the Harn maps, which I would say represent the gold standard in RPG map production (they have PDFs with layers and overlays for various things, pretty good, large size vinyl maps to hang on walls, etc.). For instance, a PDF with layers for Sartar tribes, Bestiary creatures' habitats,  etc.

Edited by lordabdul

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

10 minutes ago, lordabdul said:

Thanks Jeff! So it looks like an iteration on the maps from the Guide To Glorantha, drawn at a much finer resolution?

I'm curious about the semi-regular dotting of settlements throughout some areas like Esrolia or Sartar. Is there a practical rationale there, like how human civilizations would naturally establish settlements on average between 1 and 3 hours' walk from each other depending on population density or something?

Are these maps for a particular book/release, or just a "let's map this thing once and for all at a usable level of detail"? Since I'm a map fanatic, I'd love to see detailed maps released with high enough production values to rival or surpass, say, the Harn maps, which I would say represent the gold standard in RPG map production (they have PDFs with layers and overlays for various things, pretty good, large size vinyl maps to hang on walls, etc.). For instance, a PDF with layers for Sartar tribes, Bestiary creatures' habitats,  etc.

It is an expansion of Greg's Master Map into Esrolia, drawn at 1 cm = 4km scale (which is much much higher resolution than we made the Guide) There's a hierarchy of maps - at the top is Greg's Master Map of Dragon Pass. This series expands that into Prax, Kethaela, and Saird. Some of this will be in the RQ Campaign, some elsewhere.

• Like 4