Ghouls of the sea

Manu

3 hours ago, Grievous said:

They were probably followers of Indlas Somer coming for the tanning lotion.

LOL! Considering that the "Beach Movie" series ended with Boris Karloff this could actually be true. 

Edited by Atgxtg

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

23 minutes ago, seneschal said:

Hmmm, that would be "The Ghost in the Invisible Bikini," 1966.  Unfortunately, the spectral anatomy covered by said bikini was also invisible.  😩

Well, a little late, but bring on the ghouls of summer, then.

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

To treat Manu's query more seriously, that reminds me of the scene from "Pirates of the Caribbean" where the zombie buccaneers walked across the sea bottom to attack a target because they didn't have to breathe and couldn't float.  Now that was creepy!  Something like that in a game would freak me out.

1 hour ago, seneschal said:

To treat Manu's query more seriously, that reminds me of the scene from "Pirates of the Caribbean" where the zombie buccaneers walked across the sea bottom to attack a target because they didn't have to breathe and couldn't float.  Now that was creepy!  Something like that in a game would freak me out.

Killjoy.

...but you are very correct. As much as I deride the house of the mouse they got that one perfect. On a creep scale, I would have to say “it goes to eleven!”.

1 hour ago, David Scott said:

Normal Ghouls are in the RQG Bestiary page 98, there are Sea Ghouls in Men of the Sea that accompany ghost ships.

Men of the Sea—MRQ?

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

On 11/9/2019 at 2:49 PM, Grievous said:

They were probably followers of Indlas Somer coming for the tanning lotion.

My version of Indlas Somer has the older surfboys becoming Zombies as they surfed, so rather than dying and staying dead they just transition into zombies, with tanned skin pulled slightly too tight on their faces and fixed grins. 

2 hours ago, Psullie said:

A pretty good supplement, that can be used as background for a RQG game very easily.

• Like 2

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

On 11/9/2019 at 2:44 PM, Manu said:

A long time ago, we encountered ghouls coming from the sea; But I can find in which book they are described.

Couldn't that have been a D&D adventure, modified for RuneQuest? D&D does have sea ghouls (called lacedons).

Edited by GianniVacca

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2019 at 3:44 PM, Manu said:

A long time ago, we encountered ghouls coming from the sea; But I can find in which book they are described.

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but there's a picture of spectral  Fonritan sailors coming from the sea in Barran the Monster Killer -scenario (Strangers in Prax, p.49). I remembered them to be ghouls first, but they seem to be ghosts according to stats...