Critical Role's Call of Cthulhu one-shot 'The Shadow of the Crystal Palace' passes one million views on YouTube

MOB

A million souls, exposed to the madness of Call of Cthulhu! Critical Role's acclaimed one-shot "Shadow of the Crystal Palace" has just clicked over 1 million views on YouTube!

Brilliant work by Keeper of Arcane Lore Taliesin Jaffe @executivegoth and doughty investigators @WillingBlam, @VoiceOfOBrien, @Marisha_Ray, @ashly_burch, @phillamarr, and @erikaishii!

Pick up the Call of Cthulhu Starter Set for a cosmic horror adventure of your own and use the code CriticalRole at check out for 10% off your entire order: http://critrole.com/cthulhu

• Like 2

On 11/17/2019 at 10:29 PM, MOB said:

A million souls, exposed to the madness of Call of Cthulhu! Critical Role's acclaimed one-shot "Shadow of the Crystal Palace" has just clicked over 1 million views on YouTube

That's very impressive. It's a pity, from my personal point of view, that they don't do it as a podcast instead, but then I suspect the core demographic engaging with the video prefer that format and have more time to devote to watching it. As a podcast it probably wouldn't have that level of popularity.

Nice to see evidence that CoC is alive and well when so many games have fallen by the wayside over the years.

Edited by BigJackBrass
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BigJackBrass said:

It's a pity, from my personal point of view, that they don't do it as a podcast instead

Badaboom https://critrole.com/podcast/call-of-cthulhu-shadow-of-the-crystal-palace/

Now, note that half the appeal of Critical Role and other high-production-values actual plays are the visuals. Costumes, lighting, props, etc. I think it might be a lot less interesting in audio format, but anyway, here you go!

• Like 2

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !