'Jeffed'?

The Hooded Claw

On 11/18/2019 at 3:18 PM, Addison said:

So hopefully Jeff can either relax and speed things up, or clone himself.

Multiple Jeffs?

On the one hand, an excellent idea, as we'd get so much more done, a lot quicker, with one Jeff permanently assigned to answering questions on Forums, another three or four writing Gloranthan stuff, another one editing/Fact checking/whatever else Jeff does and one to go to all the Conventions.

On the other hand, is the world ready for more than one Jeff? 🙂

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

• 11 months later...

From a year ago...

On 11/19/2019 at 2:41 AM, Jeff said:

The Starter kit is in a holding pattern until a key map is finished.

Could it relate to the fantastic map Jeff has been previewing for a couple of weeks now?

I suspect not but if it is the case, the Starter Kit will be something to behold!!!

Edited by DreadDomain

On 11/18/2019 at 10:41 AM, Jeff said:

RQ has already had four completely new products despite the book not even existing in draft form until 2016 - and a new core rules book requires play testing, lots of rewrites, etc. Until the core rules were done we couldn't commission new material for a rules system that was a moving target.

I have returned to RQ and roleplaying after a long absence. I just want to say that the core book has impressed me greatly. Good work!

• Like 1

As a grumpy old grognard who still prefers RQ1, I've got to say that I love ALL of what is being done on the RQ/Glorantha front. Sure, I may chime in with "I wish" or "why don't you" but I actually try to be realistic. And gosh, not only is my favorite edition available in PDF (who could have even hoped for that), they made it available Print on Demand! I may grumble about the price of the new edition, but I get that the production effort that went into it with art and play testing and all demands the price it is. Fine. I can live without it, but I'm glad it's available and is exciting people. And as someone who stuck with RQ1 and really didn't find RQ3 that compelling, I'm excited that RQG built from RQ2 not RQ3. It probably means less effort to adapt RQG materials to my RQ1 campaign, though bummer, the timeline was advanced. Well, that will knock out some material almost entirely and other material will need adaptation, and the cultural changes knock out more material. But I'm sure I could pick up almost any product and make use of it. And that Johnstown Compendium deal, that is so awesome that fans can produce stuff intended to plug into Glorantha without major pain. I'll eventually pikc up some of those titles and use them.

Cheers to all! Keep up the good work! And don't take it too personally if I grumble a bit here and there...

• Like 3

21 hours ago, ffilz said:

As a grumpy old grognard who still prefers RQ1, I've got to say that I love ALL of what is being done on the RQ/Glorantha front.

As someone who his favorite classic RQ is RQ3, I will echo this. .

And as someone who stuck with RQ1 and really didn't find RQ3 that compelling, I'm excited that RQG built from RQ2 not RQ3. It probably means less effort to adapt RQG materials to my RQ1 campaign, though bummer, the timeline was advanced.

My perspective is totally different. I believe RQ3 was a vast improvement over RQ2 and I would have preferred RQG to be based off RQ3. But in the end, even if RQG does not make all the choices I would have made, in the aggregate, I believe RQG is better than RQ3. Actually, for all the expressed design intent, beyond what the stat block looks like, I do not find RQG that close to RQ2. And I am also glad the timeline was advanced.

It is interesting that I probably am a grognard whose opinion Jeff thinks should be dismissed but I am generally very positive about RQG (even if I still want to see a revised and corrected edition) :) 

And that Johnstown Compendium deal, that is so awesome that fans can produce stuff intended to plug into Glorantha without major pain. 

Agreed!

Cheers to all! Keep up the good work! And don't take it too personally if I grumble a bit here and there...

Seconded!

All that to say that irrespective of our perspectives of what is best (RQ1, RQ2, RQ3, RQ6, RQG), a lot of us are united by our love of Glorantha and RuneQuest.

Edited by DreadDomain
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, DreadDomain said:

It is interesting that I probably am a grognard whose opinion Jeff thinks should be dismissed but I am generally very positive about RQG (even if I still want to see a revised and corrected edition) :)

As for myself, even though my favourite version is RQ6/Mythras, i was eager to see a new RuneQuest game, with new rules, based on ideas closer to RQ3, especially concerning magic.

But yet, my opinion was also discarded as one of a grognard that refuses change. :D

Edited by Mugen
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Pnick said:

Any sign of the Pavis and Rubble book?

I'm sure you're actually asking about the project Robin Laws is working on, but in the mean time we have released all the RuneQuest Classic titles in POD - including Pavis: Threshold to Danger and Big Rubble: The Deadly City.

On 11/23/2020 at 4:37 AM, Trotsky said:

I am sure there will be an announcement when there is something to announce. I am as eager as anyone for the gods’ book but I guess until all the art is done we won’t hear anything.

With The Smoking Ruin, The Pegasus Plateau, the RQ Classic POD titles, and the planned release of The Red Book of Magic next month, we will have had four new RuneQuest releases in 2020 - one per quarter (I'm counting the RQ Classic POD titles as a new release here, as getting that done was a major undertaking for us, and most of those titles have not been available in print for decades). Next year we plan to hit that mark of at least one new RuneQuest release per quarter, and Jason and Jeff aim to exceed it!

• Like 9

15 hours ago, ffilz said:

As a grumpy old grognard who still prefers RQ1, I've got to say that I love ALL of what is being done on the RQ/Glorantha front.

6 hours ago, DreadDomain said:

As someone who his favorite classic RQ is RQ3, I will echo this. .

Same for me.

My perspective is totally different. I believe RQ3 was a vast improvement over RQ2 and I would have preferred RQG to be based off RQ3. But in the end, even if RQG does not make all the choices I would have made, in the aggregate, I believe RQG is better than RQ3. Actually, for all the expressed design intent, beyond what the stat block looks like, I do not find RQG that close to RQ2. And I am also glad the timeline was advanced.

Ditto.

Still agree.

15 hours ago, ffilz said:

Don't be afraid. Please continue. All opinions are good to hear.

All that to say to irrespective of our perspectives of what is best (RQ1, RQ2, RQ3, RQ6, RQG), a lot of us are united by our love of Glorantha and RuneQuest.

Yes (although for me it is more RQ than Glorantha).

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 3/1/2023 at 12:45 AM, Pnick said:

2023. Asking once more for a friend.

I can't believe that, of all threads, you revived this one. 🙂

Chaosium just announced 10 cults books with four being released this year.  I'm guessing that you won't see any Pavis material in the near future.

There is a thread on this forum where Ian Thompson is just about to release his Pavis material.  I played that campaign and it is good stuff, well worth looking in to.

• Like 2

On 11/24/2020 at 12:10 AM, Pnick said:

Any sign of the Pavis and Rubble book?

On 2/28/2023 at 5:45 AM, Pnick said:

2023. Asking once more for a friend.

36 minutes ago, Harry the Dirty Dog said:

I can't believe that, of all threads, you revived this one. 🙂

Chaosium just announced 10 cults books with four being released this year.  I'm guessing that you won't see any Pavis material in the near future.

Actually, I believe that a great deal of ALL of Cults books are already complete.

As per the "Upcoming Glorantha Publications" thread, Robin Laws' P&BR ms. is done & through editing.

I think that means it's now awaiting art & layout; I don't know that it has / hasn't actually begun those processes.

40 minutes ago, Harry the Dirty Dog said:

There is a thread on this forum where Ian Thompson is just about to release his Pavis material.  I played that campaign and it is good stuff, well worth looking in to.

It is excellent stuff... but highly non-canonical (in case that matters to the querant).  Book1 of 4 planned books is already out, on the JC:
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/413853/New-Pavis-City-on-the-Edge-of-Forever-RuneQuest
Book2 is IIRC in final-completion stages.

• Like 2

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Pnick said:

Can we please get an official word on the Pavis and Rubble books.

We have got word... you just don't like it, I suppose:

• Pavis and the Big Rubble - by Robin Laws - both done with editing (Facebook 30 Nov 2022)

Or maybe you didn't realize that Chaosium was actively working to keep that list up-to-date...?  Despite the "unofficial" disclaimer by the OP'er @Steve, I think that thread is actually as official a source as can be found.

There is no newer word, unless it's so new that it hasn't yet been collected here (IME new info generally gets here within a few days, maybe a week or two at most).

But that status is it; everything know.  Chaosium does not give an ETA for projects that are so far out in the pipeline... it has not gone to art-commissioning yet, nor on from there to layout.  There are too many imponderables between now and book-release... a date announced "today" could slip by a year, or more!

Edited by g33k
  • Like 2

C'es ne pas un .sig