Ancient Mesopotamian Recipes Revived

Sir_Godspeed

This article was quite interesting to me, and maybe it could inspire someone to give their adventure or description a bit more *snrk* flavor.

https://www.laphamsquarterly.org/roundtable/ancient-mesopotamian-tablet-cookbook

Generally not too crazy, but interesting nonetheless.

I'm not going to suggest where this fits, though Peloria is the obvious comparison - but Kethaela and Dragon Pass or even Seshnela and Ralios might all potentially be fitting places for these recipes, I dunno.

EDIT: Also I'm imagining a wandering Lhankor Mhy Gourmet Scribe going around finding the best recipes for his masterpiece.

Edited by Sir_Godspeed
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

EDIT: Also I'm imagining a wandering Lhankor Mhy Gourmet Scribe going around finding the best recipes for his masterpiece.

And, it's a secret project and he feels threatened by someone, so he hires two or three "bodyguards" to help him in his "quest" for lost knowledge. Deep in the mountains, after acquiring a new tablet they are pursued, and we find our hero's in a very Butch and Sundance moment on the edge of a precipice over a river... where the Scribe lets slip that he is really the assistant cook of the temple, and the threats were from his boss the Chief Cook, and his boss the head Butler of the temple, for wanting to go off on another fool adventure!

SDLeary

• Haha 2

On 11/18/2019 at 11:09 AM, Qizilbashwoman said:

there's like three separate RPGs that are about cooking as their main conflict resolution

Damn.

I mean... dice, cards, jenga-towers... now I gotta add a campstove to resolve actions & conflicts ???

• Haha 2

C'es ne pas un .sig