Help me understand lunar theology, philosophy and ideology

Elcid321

1 hour ago, jajagappa said:

The middle air is clearly disturbed and disorderly! The separation of Earth and Sky was clearly the first cosmic joke.

Now that you say this... the Boggles are the product of Ratslaff farting. Is Umath nothing but an oversized Boggle?

Telling how it is excessive verbis

4 hours ago, Rodney Dangerduck said:

@jajagappaSince the Empire has way more trading and commerce than Sartar, they must have a Market spell.

They use Issaries to establish common marketplaces - he's not exclusive to Sartar/Orlanthi lands.

But remember - if you're in the Empire, the Empire expects its take - it's not "neutral" in that sense, but Etyries organizes a much broader mercantile network (e.g. great caravans).

6 hours ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

Disorder is "mooning" us and passing "wind", all right.

It’s been a while since I've had to say this...

Bad joke, bad! To your dungeon, right now little denizen, and no lady fingers for desert tonight, either!” Monsters these days... (sigh)

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

5 minutes ago, Rodney Dangerduck said:

Please, he's the "beads on a shingle" God of tinkers for those barbarians down south.  You really think the great markets of Glamour and Harandash are established by that sheep <censored> peasant?

Are you next going to tell me that Lhankor Mhy runs all the libraries and Universities in the Empire?

Who do you think does all the grunt work of scribing and copying? Starseers?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Though a Lunar through and through, she is also a human being.

"I just read an article in The Economist by a guy who was riding around with the Sartar rebels, I mean Taliban," -Greg Stafford, January 7th, 2010

Eight Arms and the Mask

3 hours ago, Rodney Dangerduck said:

You really think the great markets of Glamour and Harandash are established by that sheep <censored> peasant?

She is a Lunar goddess. She is not impartial. Her trade and caravans benefit the Red Goddess. She can certainly take her cut from the markets, or rule over the merchants within them. But she's never had the magics to create protected market places.

3 hours ago, jajagappa said:

She is a Lunar goddess. She is not impartial. Her trade and caravans benefit the Red Goddess. She can certainly take her cut from the markets, or rule over the merchants within them. But she's never had the magics to create protected market places.

this is interesting to me. Cults of Prax says She offers the same magics as Issaries, and her description in the Imperial Lunar Handbook, II is HQ

• Thanks 1

On 11/25/2019 at 9:39 AM, JonL said:

It would be nice once GaGoG drops to do a reference mapping of their character-sheet-substitutions to in-fiction runes, e.g. Death & Beast standing in for Eternal Battle for Urox, Harmony standing in for Communication/Trade/Equal-Exchange for Issaries.

oh

so this is uhhhh a thing

41 minutes ago, Rodney Dangerduck said:

"The Lunar Etyries Cult now runs and protects the market..." 

Nothing contrary there. They control it, take the tribute, and hire the guards to protect it.  But no magic to create an Issaries-style market ground.

The RQ3 Cults book is where a vast majority of cult details appeared (Etyries never had prior long form writeup). I don't think you'll see a radical change on this when the Gods of Glorantha comes out.

58 minutes ago, Qizilbashwoman said:

oh

so this is uhhhh a thing

RQG's rune list is largely pared down to Element & Power Runes + Beast & Biped. a subset that fits nicely on a character sheet and simplifies the spell lists. While I understand why that was desirable from a game design standpoint, the contradictions that introduces with respect to the Guide & any of the HQ materials are deeply frustrating. When ostensibly current published reference works contradict one another, they all become less useful. 

If you see a god listed in the Guide with a Condition rune, that will frequently be different in RQG cult write-ups, because they aren't on the character sheet. :wacko:

Edited by JonL
  • Like 2