Pendragon: Chivalric Roleplaying in Arthur's Britain [BOX SET]

If the lower right corner of the map was not covered up we could tell if it was first or second edition.

Photo attached is what you speak of I'm guessing. Bottom map with the white artifact on France is from the set posted above. Top map is from another set I have.

Ireland (Eire) has that artifact as well.

Printing?

That would be my thought. To my understanding, there was no Pendragon 2nd ed. 

Edition = Fundamental changes; Printing = minor or no changes.

So were there any other differences between the Pendragon 1st printings? Other than the map?

-Wayne

Pendragon 1st & 2nd maps.JPG

Sales site:          WaynesBooks.net
RPG reference:  WaynesBooks.com
Games Gallery:  WaynesBooks.games

2 hours ago, SDLeary said:

Whether the map includes the ancient airstrips.

Sounds like something I'd see on the History Channel, with some unqualified "expert" explaining how it was used by Ancient Aliens."Was King Arthur an  alien. Merlin a genic hybrid with some alien race? Was Stonehenge really a spaceport for extraterrestrials? And did an airport exist in Gaul?"

Edited by Atgxtg
  • Haha 3

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

36 minutes ago, Atgxtg said:

Sounds like something I'd see on the History Channel, with some unqualified "expert" explaining how it was used by Ancient Aliens."Was King Arthur an  alien. Merlin a genic hybrid with some alien race? Was Stonehenge really a spaceport for extraterrestrials? And did an airport exist in Gaul?"

...and what were the lineups like at security. Oh, the questions that could be asked.

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

3 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

...and what were the lineups like at security. Oh, the questions that could be asked.

Back them probably not much security. It actually amazing how lax modern airport security was pre-911. If you watch a movie from the 50s or 60s you can see that just about anybody can get on an airplane with just about anything. Probably why they could keep making all  those Airport movies in 70s.

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

12 hours ago, Atgxtg said:

Twas what Sandy and Greg called them. Not who came up with the term. :)

SDLeary

Edited by SDLeary

22 minutes ago, SDLeary said:

Twas what Sandy and Greg called them. Not who came up with the term. :)

A;right. I’ll bite, exactly what was it that Sandy and Greg were calling the ancient airstrips Sir SDLeary, hmm? Curious minds and all that.

2 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

A;right. I’ll bite, exactly what was it that Sandy and Greg were calling the ancient airstrips Sir SDLeary, hmm? Curious minds and all that.

The white rectangle artifacts in France and Ireland on the map. Scroll up to see the picture.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought it was obvious. The tape marks on the map in France an Ireland. First print maps had tape left on one of the separations, and that's what you  see on  the map. When asked what they were, Sandy and Greg said they were the sights of the ancient Airstrips. :)

SDLeary

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SDLeary said:

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought it was obvious. The tape marks on the map in France an Ireland. First print maps had tape left on one of the separations, and that's what you  see on  the map. When asked what they were, Sandy and Greg said they were the sights of the ancient Airstrips. :)

Oh, it was, that was the problem...
(sigh)

• Like 1

On 11/27/2019 at 5:20 AM, Tizun Thane said:

I like this first edition map. For example, the Four Stones castle was settled in Gorre. Now, it is somewhere in "Somerset".

That never made sense to me as Gaihom is where Guinevere is held and it remained in Gorre.

Edit: if you want Malory's foreshortened abduction story you can place Meliagant's castle in Surrey, where Malory did. But I think Chretien's is far more magnificent. 

Edited by jeffjerwin

2 hours ago, jeffjerwin said:

That never made sense to me as Gaihom is where Guinevere is held and it remained in Gorre.

I suppose it's the Melwas connexion, king of the "Summer Country" , but still, I disagree.

2 hours ago, jeffjerwin said:

But I think Chretien's is far more magnificent. 

Oh yeah! His kingdom of Gorre is somewhat otherwordly and I like it! The Sword Bridge for exemple 🥰