3 minutes ago, Ian Absentia said:

Well, now we need to define "Western US".  Region?  Sub-region?  Era?

All right y’all,  you kids better behave  now er I might get me canon!

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

2 minutes ago, Ian Absentia said:

I'm dead serious.  Because when someone mentions Sartarites and the Western US in the same sentence without being specific, I'm seeing hillbillies and Okies and thinking, "Yeah, that's about right."

I  like it! I may have been telling y’all to behave but now I am wanting hillbilly barbarians with axes....

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

4 hours ago, Ian Absentia said:

[emphasis mine]

So, you mean indigenous peoples of the Western US (Hokan, Athapaskan, Salish, etc.), or, like, rednecks, hillbillies, and displaced Okies?

!i!

Presumably the climate, not the people. Which makes sense, since I gather than Kethaela is partially inspired by Californian sub-regions.

Edited by Sir_Godspeed

10 hours ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

Presumably the climate, not the people. Which makes sense, since I gather than Kethaela is partially inspired by Californian sub-regions.

Sartar is in Kerafinela; Kethaela is south of it, in Maniria, and includes Esrolia. Presumably you miswrote Kethaela for Kerafinela, a name that's "California" badly disguised. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Qizilbashwoman said:

Sartar is in Kerafinela; Kethaela is south of it, in Maniria, and includes Esrolia. Presumably you miswrote Kethaela for Kerafinela, a name that's "California" badly disguised. 🙂

Does this mean Clearwine is the Napa Valley? 🤔

"And I am pretty tired of all this fuss about rfevealign that many worshippers of a minor goddess might be lesbians." -Greg Stafford, April 11, 2007

"I just read an article in The Economist by a guy who was riding around with the Sartar rebels, I mean Taliban," -Greg Stafford, January 7th, 2010

Eight Arms and the Mask

41 minutes ago, Eff said:

Does this mean Clearwine is the Napa Valley? 🤔

preeeee haps

even more fun is looking at a map of california mirror-image and a map of Kralorela, because they are the same thing

the Kingdom of Ignorance is San Diego County lmaoooo

Edited by Qizilbashwoman
  • Haha 1

Kerofinela might be a mangled California, but I believe it's Kethaela that is based on lowland California. Mirrorsea is San Francisco Bay, I believe, rotated 90 degrees. 

And isn't Prax based on the terrain along the Californian-Baja Californian border? 

Also - yeah, Kralorela also closely mirrors California.

31 minutes ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

And isn't Prax based on the terrain along the Californian-Baja Californian border? 

Not sure if it was intended or not, but Prax (at least the Zola Fel valley) is pretty much the Palouse* of Eastern Washington.  The visual and contextual puns on California and the SF Bay are much more obvious.

[*Edit:  I meant the Columbia Plateau and the channeled scablands in comparison to the Zola Fel.  The Palouse might be more like Praxian prairie.]

!i!

Edited by Ian Absentia
  • Thanks 1

carbon copy logo smallest.jpg  ...developer of White Rabbit Green

6 hours ago, Ian Absentia said:

Not sure if it was intended or not, but Prax (at least the Zola Fel valley) is pretty much the Palouse* of Eastern Washington.  The visual and contextual puns on California and the SF Bay are much more obvious.

[*Edit:  I meant the Columbia Plateau and the channeled scablands in comparison to the Zola Fel.  The Palouse might be more like Praxian prairie.]

!i!

So Praxians are proto-Algic speakers? Who knew.

On 11/28/2019 at 5:27 PM, Qizilbashwoman said:

Look there's even a Babeester Gori

image.png.79db1bfbb60ec89f6a14f2b5bb5b701a.png

What's scarier than a worshipper of Babeester Gor? A worshipper of Babeester Gor with a pistol.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

On 11/30/2019 at 12:38 AM, Ian Absentia said:

Well, now we need to define "Western US".  Region?  Sub-region?  Era?

Now, that's more like it.

We do nothing better than take a cool idea and over-analyse it to death.

I heartily approve.

• Haha 3

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here