BRP Board games?

mummi

The closest I know of still in print is Arkham Horror, an excellent Call of Cthulhu board game. It is currently published by Fantasy Flight Games. It it NOT a BRP board game, but is based on a BRP RPG and in my opinion retains the feel of the parent game nicely.

There were a couple board games based on RuneQuest back in the late 70s early 80s but I never owned them and can't comment.

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

Hello and a happy Friday to all!

I was just wondering if there are any Adventure Board games based on the BRP system? Like Decent and Munchkin quest etc..

The closest thing to that I beleive was the Fantasy Paths sets , albeit I've never actually seen them so I may be wrong...

None of Chaosium's board games that I recall used the BRP system - several referenced settings Chaosium published BRP games for (Glorantha, The Young Kingdoms, Lovecraft's Arkham) but I don't recall them ever doing a board game with BRP (or even BRP like ) mechanics.

Perhaps it's a licensing opportunity some should persue?

Nick

Edited by NickMiddleton

OK ... thanx for that... I migth check them out.. I wanted to try out those board games for simple roleplaying for my GF :P

I can't speak highly enough about Arkham Horror. It most definitely has an RPG feel. You choose a character with a nicely detailed back story, skills, and special abilities. You gain skills in play and lose sanity as you confront the mythos threats. Lots of expansions available but not necessary to enjoy the game.

Go to Fantasy Flight Games website for additional info.

Fantasy Flight Games [Arkham Horror] - Leading publisher of board, card, and roleplaying games.

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

ok ... ill check it out ... it's just to damn pricy here in the land of ice

Sorry, I always forget that. Its a small world, unless you need to have something shipped someplace. :rolleyes:

I can buy one at a discount at my local game store and ship it to you if that would help. It would be full shipping but maybe 20-25% off the price of the game. Do you have a PayPal account?

Rod

Sorry, I always forget that. Its a small world, unless you need to have something shipped someplace. :rolleyes:

I can buy one at a discount at my local game store and ship it to you if that would help. It would be full shipping but maybe 20-25% off the price of the game. Do you have a PayPal account?

Rod

Yes I do ... that would be most appreciated but I won't do it until next month pay day and all :P but yeah thax a bunch ill keep that in mind.