RosenMcStern

Dynamic D100

Strangely enough, the French dubbers renamed even Duke Fleed's sister, who is called Grace Maria in the Japanese version.

Anyway, fans of the female protagonists may have some pleasant surprise coming. There will be expanded roles available for them.

20 hours ago, RosenMcStern said:

Strangely enough, the French dubbers renamed even Duke Fleed's sister, who is called Grace Maria in the Japanese version.

Anyway, fans of the female protagonists may have some pleasant surprise coming. There will be expanded roles available for them.

And she even has a distinct "M" (for Maria Grace) on the helmet and collar of her pilot suit.

6119.jpg?rev=1343948472

Thinking about it, I think the only name that was directly taken from the original work was "Ranch du Bouleau Blanc", a straight translation of Shirakaba ranch.

Edit : They even changed Mazinger Z's "Boss"'s name into B√©lier in the 2 episodes he appears... ūü§Ē

Edited by Mugen

Thank you so much for this! I love all of the Go Nagai robots as my childhood friends. This is instantly the RPG I am most looking forward to this year. 

Seems kind of weird to have to click "I'm not a robot" on the verification considering this topic. :)

I was wondering if other robots than the ones listed be made available either in the main book or perhaps in future publications? I am thinking of the likes of Aphrodite A, Diana A, Boss Borot, and the original Getter Robo. If not, will there be a mechanism in the game for us to make them?

Borot will be there, but not as a player character mecha. 

Aphrodite and Diana are easy to handcraft from Venus, but they are rather weak robots and using them would put female heroes at a severe disadvantage. Note that in both Mazinkaiser and Shin Mazinger Zero Sayaka uses Venus, not Diana. A powered up version of Venus will be available, it will be easy for the players to devise a similarly powered-up version of Diana if they wish. It boils down to what lady they want to roleplay.

The original Getter is not planned, either.  We did not purchase the rights.

Rules for personalisation will be present if there is enough room. But I suspect most players would prefer two extra pages of pre-made kaiju rather than an explanation of how to tinker with the existing stuff. Serial tinkerers usually know how to tinker without assistance.

I honestly don't think that Diana A is that bad of a robot. They just wrote her inconsistently in the TV show. Sometimes her Scarlet Beam did no damage at all and other times it did good damage. In Shin Mazinger Zero I preferred Artemis A although Sayaka's costume in that was just ridiculous. While on the subject of female robots, will there be rules for Minerva X? 

Speaking of Kikaiju, do you know how many the rules will come with? I assume the there will be a selection from each series. Any chance one of them will be my absolute favorite Jenova M9 from Mazinger Z? :)

Thank you so much for answering my questions!

3 hours ago, Mazinman said:

I honestly don't think that Diana A is that bad of a robot. They just wrote her inconsistently in the TV show. Sometimes her Scarlet Beam did no damage at all and other times it did good damage. In Shin Mazinger Zero I preferred Artemis A although Sayaka's costume in that was just ridiculous. While on the subject of female robots, will there be rules for Minerva X? 

Diana has no flight capability, and this is a huge disadvantage. She is always carried by Venus in the multi-robot shows that we used as a basis for developing the game, and this makes her instrinsically dependant on others to be effective. Not that heroic.

No plans for Minerva atm. 

3 hours ago, Mazinman said:

Speaking of Kikaiju, do you know how many the rules will come with? I assume the there will be a selection from each series. Any chance one of them will be my absolute favorite Jenova M9 from Mazinger Z? :)

There will be as many as we can fit in the page count. Some are already statted, others we are statting.

One reward level of the crowdfunding will be "Write a *ju and we will include it in the book".