Magic Monograph---2nd Try

Tywyll

Ok, after long back and forth with Dustin and Charlie, some of my Mono has been salvaged though the overall idea behind it is completely different from where it started.

I've stripped out the spells and rituals from my previous write up and now I need people who would be interested in playtesting them (and the rest after I've finished writing it).

If you are interested in trying some new spells in your campaign, or just giving it a read through and providing feedback, please PM me.

I will probably start with a small group and see how it goes from there, possibly opening it up more if there is interest/need.

Thanks for the encouragement! Its not what I was planning on writing, but at least I'll salvage something good from the original project and hopefully it will be full of awesome win. :)

As to new blurb....

Grimoire (working title)

Within the pages of this tome are the formulas for a plethora of new spells to satisfy your most voracious spell-slingers. Wizardry and Sorcery are treated to a multitude of new magics, while additional spells are included for several of the magic systems contained in Basic Magic. In addition, new Ritual magic, as well as new Ritual rules, are included that work with all the existing systems.

30K wordcount (48+ pages)

Estimated time of submission to Chaosium-2 months depending on playtest and revisions

Sold, sold, sold; sold on the first attempt; sold on the second--can't wait to purchase this one, Tywyll!

Present home-port: home-brew BRP/OQ SRD variant; past ports-of-call: SB '81, RQIII '84, BGB '08, RQIV(Mythras) '12,  MW '15, and OQ '17

BGB BRP: 0 edition: 20/420; .pdf edition: 06/11/08; 1st edition: 06/13/08

Thanks for the encouragement! Its not what I was planning on writing, but at least I'll salvage something good from the original project and hopefully it will be full of awesome win. :)

As to new blurb....

Grimoire (working title)

Within the pages of this tome are the formulas for a plethora of new spells to satisfy your most voracious spell-slingers. Wizardry and Sorcery are treated to a multitude of new magics, while additional spells are included for several of the magic systems contained in Basic Magic. In addition, new Ritual magic, as well as new Ritual rules, are included that work with all the existing systems.

Estimated time of submission to Chaosium-2 months depending on playtest and revisions

Sounds great. This will be on my shopping list. I am really glad you have managed to resolve the issue and find a way through. :thumb:

Very slowly working towards completing my monograph.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, after long back and forth with Dustin and Charlie, some of my Mono has been salvaged though the overall idea behind it is completely different from where it started.

I've stripped out the spells and rituals from my previous write up and now I need people who would be interested in playtesting them (and the rest after I've finished writing it).

If you are interested in trying some new spells in your campaign, or just giving it a read through and providing feedback, please PM me.

I will probably start with a small group and see how it goes from there, possibly opening it up more if there is interest/need.

Sounds interesting. I am currently updating a little fantasy world which I created some time ago, using the rules of RQ 3, and I like the new magic rules a lot. But there are not many spells...

I would like to take a look into it...

I will send you a PM.

• 1 month later...

As to new blurb....

Grimoire (working title)

How are things proceeding, Tywyll? Well, I hope.

How are things proceeding, Tywyll? Well, I hope.

There was a month delay that kind of killed my momentum, but as of this weekend I got back into the swing of things.

I'm getting some great feedback from my playtesters and the product will be immeasurably better for it. Sadly, it won't be finished as quickly as I had originally hoped. But it is still alive! :)

There was a month delay that kind of killed my momentum, but as of this weekend I got back into the swing of things.

I'm getting some great feedback from my playtesters and the product will be immeasurably better for it. Sadly, it won't be finished as quickly as I had originally hoped. But it is still alive! :)

Good to hear. :thumb:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...