Looking for starship design and combat rules you can adapt to BRP?

The Tweaker

INT could be the 'intelligence' of the shipboard computers (how advanced they are), while POW could be the robustness of those systems. HP would represent physical damage, and POW Pts./MP could be used for Electronics damage (computers, sensors, etc).

Electronic Warfare or Sensor tech (or even shield systems) could be the 'Magic System' of starship combat.

Help kill a Trollkin here.

Should we start new thread for brainstorming spaceship construction rules?

I think that would be cool, as there are lots of good ideas spread throught this thread, but I would rather wait until I have the book in my hands, as I am pretty sure it will include a ton of info which will be useful or relevant in this sense. I am very fond of the 'starships-as-characters' concept, and thus I'd bet the superpowers/magic and equipment chapters will be very useful in this sense. You could probably use the rules for superhero force fields as a basis for some simple ship shield's rules, for instance.

On the other hand, some time ago I posted a collection of links to BRP French resources. One of them was an Star Wars adaptation with some nice and simple (i.e., very abstracted) rules for vehicle and starship combat which should work beautifully for any space opera setting. If I have the time, I will try to translate them into English and post them here.

Happy owner of number 226 of 420