Gloranthan Furries (was Beastman and human interaction)

Joerg

46 minutes ago, JonL said:

One of my annoyances with Death and Beast rather than Eternal Battle for Storm Bull in RQG is Death clashing with his paternal fertility aspect. He may not embody Life per se, but he's a virile family bull.

I agree. It's also a bit wonky since we know that possible Stormbull-analogues far from Prax (Bull riders in Charg, Fronela, etc.) seem to have more of a "Bull Patriarch" cult of him, rather than the "berserking Chaos defeater" image that appears to be the poster child in RuneQuest publications (unless I've gotten an incorrect impression).

EDIT: Although there is of course nothing stopping anyone from setting up at least a couple of subcults to him, since Orlanth gets at least two rules-wise (Adventuorus, Thunderous... Vinga?), and a boatload more lore-wise. Stormbull is certainly a major enough deity to warrant something like that in the cultures that hold him as one of their main deities (as opposed to the more specialized warrior cult he is in Heortling culture).

Edited by Sir_Godspeed

59 minutes ago, JonL said:

One of my annoyances with Death and Beast rather than Eternal Battle for Storm Bull in RQG is Death clashing with his paternal fertility aspect. He may not embody Life per se, but he's a virile family bull.

Of course, ruleswise death is pretty superfluous for him. The only Rune Spells that are used with the death affinity could also be used with Beast (or even Air, in the case of Impede Chaos)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tindalos said:

Of course, ruleswise death is pretty superfluous for him. The only Rune Spells that are used with the death affinity could also be used with Beast (or even Air, in the case of Impede Chaos)

Death is the quintessential anti-Chaos weapon, though, I mean, it's obvious why it's Beast and Death. However, by deconstructing it this way, it means you can't give him the Disorder and Fertility subcults He so obviously needs. Disorder is kind of the hallmark of Storm Bull cultists, not Death. They just use Death to kill Chaos.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darius West said:

Here's a bit of fun for you...  We know that satyrs exist in Beast Valley... What is the difference between a satyr and your classic goat broo? 

Childbirth: Satyr children don't eat themselves out of their mothers.

Lack of Chaos taint is another one.

Physiognomy - Satyrs don't have beast heads, only beast legs and horns.

Edited by Joerg
  • Thanks 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

On 1/3/2020 at 10:18 PM, JonL said:

I guess we can always pretend it's the Conflict part of the Death, the one Kargan Tor embodied before Death even existed? Because that, Storm Bull has in spades.

• Like 1