The RuneQuest Glorantha Bestiary is 'Pay-What-You-Want' for the next seven days; but don't pay us, donate to Australian bushfire relief

MOB

Glorantha Bestiary - Australian Fire Relief

We're making the RuneQuest Glorantha Bestiary 'Pay-What-You-Want' on DriveThruRPG for the next seven days (regular price is USD$19.99). If you download it, instead of paying us, we encourage you to make a donation to the Australian fire-fighting and recovery effort. 

We at Chaosium think Gloranthan beasts are special; however Australian animals are unique and precious - and real. But it is estimated up to half a billion of them have perished so far in the devasting wildfires still raging across the continent. That number is expected to rise dramatically, as vast swathes of habitat have been consumed by flame. 

Some places where you can donate:

Glorantha Bestiary

Edited by MOB
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

• MOB featured and pinned this topic

TYVM Chaosium & MOB!

I've already got this item, so will just donate; the links are useful!

But I have fwd'ed this to my current gaming group, and also to past gamers with whom I am still in touch.

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

TYVM Chaosium, like g33k, i already have the bestiary book, but can give something for this.

I am trying to support a lot of things who fight against our stupid society and the near end of our world... And i am telling all of us to help in this way!

To all of us: enjoy this new year, because it could be the last one...

• Like 1

On 1/5/2020 at 12:02 AM, MOB said:

We're making the RuneQuest Glorantha Bestiary 'Pay-What-You-Want' on DriveThruRPG for the next seven days (regular price is USD$19.99). If you download it, instead of paying us, we encourage you to make a donation to the Australian fire-fighting and recovery effort. 

Holy crap MOB talking about putting your money where your mouth (heart) is!! Good On Ya!

ETA many apologies for the typo that made this a little hard to understand (just caught it, unfortunately).

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

I'm not Australian, but; we all have best friends. One of mine, Jon lives just outside  Melbourne in a rural area called the Patch. One of his neighbors told him that both of his sons are Volunteer firefighters and a few days after it all kicked off they hugged their mom and said that they'd be back soon and drove off to heaven knows where. They keep in touch and are okay. These are very brave men and women.  I have no idea that those parents are going through. The residents of the patch have a phone APP so if they have to leave their homes everybody knows straight away. These are worrying times.

Thank you Chaosium. This is a very noble gesture.

I have forwarded my Chaosium email to my gaming group.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1262001841_BestiaryFiresCarouselPanel1.png.aae4ec41b30999527535e6354be4a4b2.png

Many thanks to the almost 2000 people so far who have downloaded THE GLORANTHA BESTIARY and made a donation to Australian bushfire relief.

This book (normally $19.99) will be 'pay-what-you-want' until Sunday Jan 12. Rather than pay us for it, there are links on the product page at DriveThruRPG where you can instead make a donation to the Australian fire-fighting and recovery effort, including animal welfare initiatives. Surviving the fires is only the first part of an uncertain future for Australia's unique wildlife.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/247725/RuneQuest--Glorantha-Bestiary

Edited by MOB
  • Like 1

Many thanks to the 2200 people who downloaded a 'Pay-What-You-Want' copy of the RuneQuest Glorantha Bestiary over the past seven days and made a donation to Australian bushfire relief. Based on messages and feedback from supporters of this initiative, we estimate more than USD$20,000 has been raised for the Australian fire-fighting and recovery effort!

We thought a collection of fantastical creatures was an appropriate choice for this fundraiser, as the bushfires' devastating effect on Australia's unique wildlife is heartbreaking. In fires that have burned more than 24 million acres so far, more than one billion Australia animals have perished. Yet surviving the fires is only the first part of an uncertain future. Fundraising efforts will help look after wildlife while the land recovers. 

as-comp-bush-fire-food.jpg.8c407631b4ef2a3154e78ce075316029.jpg

If you would still like to support Australian bushfire relief efforts, a list of worthy causes is here.

#weareallus

Edited by MOB
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• MOB unfeatured and unpinned this topic