Training : some thoughts

Manu

On 1/9/2020 at 1:59 AM, JustAnotherVingan said:

I'm fine with the new rule. Its train 1 skill whilst also spending up to 3 weeks a season adventuring and holding down a job the rest of the time.

I'd pretty much decided that I'd rule that way - otherwise you end up with the odd situation where training would generally mean you learn much less in a season in which you are training. 

On gender - let me add my voice to say we should NOT have any gender based differences, but instead base skills on profession and cult and culture as we do now. Gender based difference will manifest in cultural preferences for profession and cult (which need not apply to PCs). 

On obligations to cult etc - note this works both ways, many cults offer free or cheap training for initiates in certain skills, and may encourage their development. The cult is likely to turn a forgiving eye at the initiate who is busy learning their Firespeech catechism or whatever. 

For some cults, the cult allowing free training for initiates is essentially the only path forwards - Lhankor Mhy, notably, which requires mastery of (not improvable by experience and often rare or exotic) knowledge skills. 

• Like 1