Sailing on the Seas of Fate?

So, great and powerful BRP board folks, how are the sailing rules in the Elric!/SB5 supplement Sailing on the Seas of Fate? Are they (as I expect) generally compatible with the current iteration of BRP? Do they make you itch with a need to run a sailing-focused campaign? Or do they just make you itch?

I ask all this because I'm pondering picking up a copy, but I figured I'd check with the experts before I spent my precious dollars. I bow before your wisdom. And I promise that I shall not to ask any questions about opposed rolls in this thread. I can't speak for others, though :)

75/420

---

Geek blogging at http://strangestones.com

So, great and powerful BRP board folks, how are the sailing rules in the Elric!/SB5 supplement Sailing on the Seas of Fate? Are they (as I expect) generally compatible with the current iteration of BRP? Do they make you itch with a need to run a sailing-focused campaign? Or do they just make you itch?

I ask all this because I'm pondering picking up a copy, but I figured I'd check with the experts before I spent my precious dollars. I bow before your wisdom. And I promise that I shall not to ask any questions about opposed rolls in this thread. I can't speak for others, though :)

Since you mention opposed rolls... never mind.

The rules aren't too complex and I can't recall any reason they wouldn't be compatible with BRP. I'll have to dust off my copy at home and have another look see.

It currently only costs 5 precious dollars if you get it from Chaosium, and is probably well worth it. Once they are out of stock they won't be printing more and will like cost a good bit more.

Help kill a Trollkin here.

Not, as I read, that you need to be encouraged to buy, but maybe to reaffirm your already wise decision: I run my campaign fairly BRP RAW...messy rolls and all :D...and have used that particular Elric!/SB supplement the absolute most--a lot of water travel happens in my games.

Cheers,

Sunwolfe

Present home-port: home-brew BRP/OQ SRD variant; past ports-of-call: SB '81, RQIII '84, BGB '08, RQIV(Mythras) '12,  MW '15, and OQ '17

BGB BRP: 0 edition: 20/420; .pdf edition: 06/11/08; 1st edition: 06/13/08

Not, as I read, that you need to be encouraged to buy, but maybe to reaffirm your already wise decision: I run my campaign fairly BRP RAW...messy rolls and all :D...and have used that particular Elric!/SB supplement the absolute most--a lot of water travel happens in my games.

Cheers,

Sunwolfe

Very good to hear. The nagging buyer's remorse (as much as one can feel for $5 plus shipping) was just thinking about kicking in. So now I can put that to rest and look forward to some sea action in my game. Yay!

Thanks, Sunwolfe!

75/420

---

Geek blogging at http://strangestones.com

Sailing on the Sea of Fate was a very nice (but often somewhat underrated) supplement. I remember using it a lot in my Elric games which focused heavily on sea travel. For five bucks, it is not to be missed...

I talk to planets, baby.