Wyrms Footnotes nuggets

metcalph

43 minutes ago, Kloster said:

More or less "From the Chaos, Light, Law and Vegetables".

Greg's daughter told me about a conversation she had with her father many years ago. She told him that she hadn't realized how poor they were when she was a kid. Greg's response was "then I guess I did a good job as a parent." In Greg's "Editorial Rambling" in WF1 he wasn't using hyperbole when he talked about them being so poor that they lived mainly off of vegetables grown in their garden, which is why it ended up in that Latin phrase. Greg always enjoyed gardening. There are glimpses of that in his writings about the Aldryami.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

2 minutes ago, Rick Meints said:

Greg's daughter told me about a conversation she had with her father many years ago. She told him that she hadn't realized how poor they were when she was a kid. Greg's response was "then I guess I did a good job as a parent." In Greg's "Editorial Rambling" in WF1 he wasn't using hyperbole when he talked about them being so poor that they lived mainly off of vegetables grown in their garden, which is why it ended up in that Latin phrase. Greg always enjoyed gardening. There are glimpses of that in his writings about the Aldryami.

Truly a pity I can not give a like and a sad here...

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, @Runeblogger

Though Hungry Jack is first mentioned in WF 1 a search tells me that the first mention of Jack 0’Bears is in Geedunk Dungeon (listed as RUNEQUEST SCENARIO PACK #0) by Warren James in WF 5 on page 17.

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Thanks 2

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

8 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Hey, @Runeblogger

Though Hungry Jack is first mentioned in WF 1 a search tells me that the first mention of Jack 0’Bears is in Geedunk Dungeon (listed as RUNEQUEST SCENARIO PACK #0) by Warren James in WF 5 on page 17.

Thank you very much, Bill!  🤩

Since I read that Greg included that creature in Wyrms Footnotes so he could have the miniature from Archive Miniatures immediately available, I had been looking forward to read it. I thought Greg himself would have written the first jack o'bear into the zine though.

Read my Runeblog about RuneQuest and Glorantha at: http://elruneblog.blogspot.com.es/

I have now read "Geedunk Dungeon". 🤔 And I have further questions:

1. Was this the first ever adventure published for RuneQuest??? So far I thought it was "Balastor's Barracks", but this must have preceded it, since Balastor's Barracks is announced in WF #5 as a future release (along with the AFAIK never published "Kakston's Art Museum").

2. Were jack o'bears first seen in print in RQ1?

Read my Runeblog about RuneQuest and Glorantha at: http://elruneblog.blogspot.com.es/

1 hour ago, Runeblogger said:

1. Was this the first ever adventure published for RuneQuest???

As I understand it, this was originally planned to be published in the core RQ book, but got cut for space.

1 hour ago, Runeblogger said:

Yes, they appear in that text (at least as reprinted in the RQ Classic collection).

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Runeblogger said:

I have now read "Geedunk Dungeon". 🤔 And I have further questions:

1. Was this the first ever adventure published for RuneQuest??? So far I thought it was "Balastor's Barracks", but this must have preceded it, since Balastor's Barracks is announced in WF #5 as a future release (along with the AFAIK never published "Kakston's Art Museum").

1. Yes.

2. Yes, on page 77.

• Thanks 1

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.