Anyone recall how ENC for a mount works?

JavaApp

'lo all,

Anyone recall how ENC for a mount works? If it is the same as a human's, then the average ENC for the mounts (mule/horse) is 19-20. I vaguely recall somewhere there being a rule that allows a horse to carry more, but I don't know what edition that rule appears in, or even if it exists at all.

Additionally, does the SIZ of a rider count as ENC for the mount?

Anyone remember?

Thanks,

Edited by JavaApp
Grammer
  • Like 1

"It is not reasonable to assume Aristotle knew the Number of the Elect..." - Albertus Magnus

The Bestiary says that giant wasps can carry a rider of up to their STR in SIZ, so a STR 10 wasp can carry a SIZ 10 rider.

It also says that riding horses can carry a rider and gear for a day. Then says that a horse might not be able to carry a heavy rider.

So, we could assume that a steed can carry its STR in SIZ. 

RQ2 had 1 SIZ= 5 ENC, RQ3 had 1 SIZ = 3 ENC, RQG has a KG equivalency table but doesn't say how many KGs someone can carry. another issue with editing, I think.

If you say 6 ENC = 1 SIZ, then a SIZ 12 rider with 18 ENC of gear is effectively a SIZ 15 rider, so needs a steed with STR 15 to be able to carry them.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here