The Problem Rune Spells (and a quick-fix for most)

Akhôrahil

14 minutes ago, Akhôrahil said:

"Wait for the Cults book", I guess? 🙂

"Coming next year!" I'm sure. IIRC Jeff spilled the beans on a few permissive areas a while back. I can't be arsed to dig the forums for random comments so relying on the ol' memory again, but I recall a statement that Issaries & Eurmal both permitted sorcery; I believe Orlanth permits neither.

It may have been in the Munchkin thread—I'm associating the memory with discussion about how to cheese blending the different magical traditions together.

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

The Cults book content is done as it's been previewed and a few people have 'Beta' copies from Con's. Layout and Art and Printing of course take time.

It's tricky balancing core product like GM Guide and Cults (and the magic book) with the demand for playable content (Like the GM's pack and TSR) and world description. Not everyone is a old hand with tons of back catalogue of scenarios and adventures and world description to run. I think the balance is about right. Besides us Grognards there are a LOT of people coming either fresh to the fold or coming back to it after a long hiatus who dont have their old books. 

If I were starting fresh now the Colymar based campaign of GM pack and TSR is a good place to start (although I might well just use Griffin Mountain and circle back to Sartar and Prax in due course once the Grand Sartar Campaign is out).    

5 hours ago, Thaz said:

The Cults book content is done as it's been previewed and a few people have 'Beta' copies from Con's. Layout and Art and Printing of course take time.

It's tricky balancing core product like GM Guide and Cults (and the magic book) with the demand for playable content (Like the GM's pack and TSR) and world description. Not everyone is a old hand with tons of back catalogue of scenarios and adventures and world description to run. I think the balance is about right. Besides us Grognards there are a LOT of people coming either fresh to the fold or coming back to it after a long hiatus who dont have their old books. 

I'm (mostly) just teasing, considering the rigmarole with "Heroquest next year!" way back when. I trust Chaosium's doing their best to sate demand.

Oh, and if they could just turn the moon red and make it a replica of Glorantha's moon while they're at it, that'd be great...

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

15 hours ago, Thaz said:

I have both 'beta' releases (it more or less doubled in size between them). While I obviously have a few personal niggles with the content in those, as I'm just chock full of opinions about Glorantha (though I know there have been changes since that release, and more will happen in editorial) on the whole it is wonderful already. Huge, rich, glorious. Most of the cults that people really care about as players (including all the traditional PC cults from RQ2/3) have been dealt with very thoroughly and with care, others have been fully fleshed out for the first time, it now includes a thorough 'Cults of Terror' update to make GMs happy with lots of bad guy cults, and it also fully fleshes out the Lunars, and a few other important Solar/Pelorian cults. Once you have it you are pretty set for play in all of Central Genertela. Unlike the old RQ3 Gods of Glorantha, is doesn't aspire to cover the entire world (so don't expect Eastern or Pamaltelan gods), and it is a bit light on shamanism and sorcery (more just dabbling at the edges), with no attempt to tackle the West either. But we've never had this amount of great info about all the core homelands with this thoroughness, detail, and care - and greatly expanded Lunars too. Can't wait to see the final version, we are all in for a treat. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 2/25/2020 at 11:03 AM, g33k said:

Heroquest (the game of that name), AFAIK in Sartar Companion.

I don't know that RQ has ever had any rules for it; it may be a Heroquest (the adventuring activity) reward... maybe it'll be in the GM's Sourcebook (I'm guessing that one will be early next year, though I haven't given up hope on late this year).

Thank you. I currently have Heroquest: Glorantha and The Coming Storm. I did not yet get Sartar Companion or Eleven Lights.