List of Chaosium's Call of Cthulhu 7e books

Dear ajtheronin,

The link for:

does not work anymore, as an "Open letter to chaosium" topic has been hidden by a moderator, according to Mr. Trifletraxor (see topic below). I do not know why, but it happened soon after I asked there a question if Arkham & Guide are going to be separate books, and if they will have anything to do with "The Tales of the Miskatonic Valley". I hope it is not my fault.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sort of inspired by the a thread in the Glorantha section and for my own convenience. Obviously not related to Chaosium or their staff (since I'm just a random dude). A list of Call of Cthulhu 7th edi

The Derelict was released for free RPG day, just like Scratch Scratch was. There's also the CoC Keeper Deck Set, although they are not "books".

Secrets of Tibet is statted for 7th Ed and  The Lightless Beacon scenario

17 hours ago, Tranquillitas Ordinis said:

Dear ajtheronin,

The link for:

does not work anymore, as an "Open letter to chaosium" topic has been hidden by a moderator, according to Mr. Trifletraxor (see topic below). I do not know why, but it happened soon after I asked there a question if Arkham & Guide are going to be separate books, and if they will have anything to do with "The Tales of the Miskatonic Valley". I hope it is not my fault.

Thanks for the heads-up. Let me see if I can find some replacement links.

3 hours ago, ajtheronin said:

If the queue mentioned in this post is anything to go by, it is closer to release than Mountain of Madness and/or Horror on the Orient express. 

So any time in 3 years or less (I honestly don't know, I'm not a Chaosium employee, but that's my best guess).

Thanks.

I was wondering if there had been something I missed since my last visit.

11 minutes ago, ajtheronin said:

So...there is a reprint of the 5th edition version of Beyond the Mountain of Madness.

Should I add it once it is available in Print? It is not strictly 7e (that one is coming in 4+ years)

Your initial list says that it doesn't include "classic" supplements. People who are interested in reprints will find them. The strength of your thread is that 7E books are what is likely driving Chaosium's profits from CoC (and therefore the money needed to develop more products), so I think it appropriate to keep the thread 7E exclusive. We'll get a 7E version of BtMoM eventually.

Edited by klecser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think that stating on the list that the Horror On The Orient Express 7e update will be done by 2022-2023 can be a little bit misleading, considering they just said that the 7e update of Beyond The Mountains of Madness is at least four years away, and Rick mentioned here  that BTMoM has a higher update priority than HoTOE. They've been pretty transparent about that it will be probably more than that.

Edited by AlonsoAguilurk
clarity.

Dear @ajtheronin,

In the recent interview Mr. Mike Mason revealed that there is a book "Cults of Cthulhu" in layout now. It seems it might be released this year.

He also said that a "Reign of Terror"-like campaign set in regent England is in preparation.

I do not see these books on the "Upcoming, hinted or announced" list, so thought it would be good to let you know.

Also, as he explained, the "Guide to the Miskatonic Valley" will be a separate book for the players, containing background information on the region. I am very excited for this one, it could be very helpful. Sometimes I see how my players tend to diverge from the setting, simply because they do not know enough about it. And it is hard to give them one good reference.

Edit: Above information starts around 10th min of the video.

Edited by Tranquillitas Ordinis
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1