List of Chaosium's Call of Cthulhu 7e books

ajtheronin

17 hours ago, Tranquillitas Ordinis said:

Dear ajtheronin,

The link for:

does not work anymore, as an "Open letter to chaosium" topic has been hidden by a moderator, according to Mr. Trifletraxor (see topic below). I do not know why, but it happened soon after I asked there a question if Arkham & Guide are going to be separate books, and if they will have anything to do with "The Tales of the Miskatonic Valley". I hope it is not my fault.

Thanks for the heads-up. Let me see if I can find some replacement links.

3 hours ago, ajtheronin said:

If the queue mentioned in this post is anything to go by, it is closer to release than Mountain of Madness and/or Horror on the Orient express. 

So any time in 3 years or less (I honestly don't know, I'm not a Chaosium employee, but that's my best guess).

Thanks.

I was wondering if there had been something I missed since my last visit.

11 minutes ago, ajtheronin said:

So...there is a reprint of the 5th edition version of Beyond the Mountain of Madness.

Should I add it once it is available in Print? It is not strictly 7e (that one is coming in 4+ years)

Your initial list says that it doesn't include "classic" supplements. People who are interested in reprints will find them. The strength of your thread is that 7E books are what is likely driving Chaosium's profits from CoC (and therefore the money needed to develop more products), so I think it appropriate to keep the thread 7E exclusive. We'll get a 7E version of BtMoM eventually.

Edited by klecser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think that stating on the list that the Horror On The Orient Express 7e update will be done by 2022-2023 can be a little bit misleading, considering they just said that the 7e update of Beyond The Mountains of Madness is at least four years away, and Rick mentioned here  that BTMoM has a higher update priority than HoTOE. They've been pretty transparent about that it will be probably more than that.

Edited by AlonsoAguilurk
clarity.

• 4 weeks later...

Does Love Forgive? is out physically now so that needs to be moved.

Also why are some of the titles bolded? I thought it was because they were recent releases but you have some of the potential future books bolded too. Might be worth adding an explanation for why some are bolded.

(also thanks so much for the list, you have both satisfied my curiousity and made me suddenly need a Superhero Pulp Cthulhu campaign....)

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/15/2021 at 12:41 AM, Damian said:

Well “the Horror on The Orient Express” is complete and out, Any word on Gaslight???

They're still planning on re-releasing a full colour version of HotOE like they did Masks of Nyarlathotep, but that won't be for another +/- 4 years or so, if I recall correctly. The recent reprint of HotOE is a stopgap measure for folks who don't want to wait that long and won't pay secondary market prices for a hardcopy version of the campaign.

I'll let the powers that be comment (or not) on Gaslight.

Edited by TwiceBorn

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/4/2021 at 2:31 AM, TwiceBorn said:

They're still planning on re-releasing a full colour version of HotOE like they did Masks of Nyarlathotep, but that won't be for another +/- 4 years or so, if I recall correctly. The recent reprint of HotOE is a stopgap measure for folks who don't want to wait that long and won't pay secondary market prices for a hardcopy version of the campaign.

I'll let the powers that me comment (or not) on Gaslight.

This interview with EN World about the 40th Anniversary Kickstarter makes mention of Gaslight and Dreamlands in passing, saying they're fair along and are getting their 7E debuts in the 'near future'. Plus an implication that they'll be reprinting/updating as much of the back catalogue as they can, time and money permitting. 

https://www.enworld.org/threads/call-of-cthulhu-classic-an-interview-with-rick-meints-chaosium.681388/

Edited by ProfessorDetective
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

If it was me I'd put down Cthulhu Britannica product line and the same for World War Cthulhu and link through to the blog post about it. That way anyone who missed out can see it but it doesn't overly crowd the upcoming sections. Of course as we get more info on each and once they are out have them as separate products. 

Also just remembered Rick posted a month ago they are considering doing Dreamlands and Gaslight starter sets. Doesn't look like these have been added to the upcoming list.

• Thanks 1

On 8/23/2021 at 7:34 AM, glassneedles said:

Also just remembered Rick posted a month ago they are considering doing Dreamlands and Gaslight starter sets. Doesn't look like these have been added to the upcoming list.

Is there any source or more information about this? I am very excited to this new!

1 hour ago, LadyofMist said:

Is there any source or more information about this? I am very excited to this new!

Only thing known is in the linked post in my previous post. I’d imagine they would be along the lines of the current Call of Cthulhu and upcoming RuneQuest starter set. So a box set with dice, a basic rule book, setting material and then a solo adventure and 3 or so scenarios. I have to say the RuneQuest one from what I’ve seen makes the current Call of Cthulhu one look a bit lacking just by how much is in it. To be clear I don’t think the current Cthulhu starter set is lacking in anything, it was what got me into the game and is great value, I just can see they have stepped up their game for the RuneQuest one and I live in hope for similar treatments for these. 

Gaslight - we are planning a two book set: a player book (with rules and setting) and a keeper book (with secret stuff and scenarios).  This is not planned to be a boxed set (books are too large). It was mix up in terms of what may have been said previously. These will be followed by a book of more scenarios and a campaign book - The Curse of Seven. 

Thanks

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

48 minutes ago, Mike M said:

Gaslight - we are planning a two book set: a player book (with rules and setting) and a keeper book (with secret stuff and scenarios).  This is not planned to be a boxed set (books are too large). It was mix up in terms of what may have been said previously. These will be followed by a book of more scenarios and a campaign book - The Curse of Seven. 

Thanks

Wow you guys are really doing it up right. Now between Chaosium and Stygian Fox, we will have loads of gaslight goodness!

• Like 1

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!

2 hours ago, Mike M said:

Thanks

If this is the plan for Dreamlands too I will be very very happy. Is there a chance of a slipset of the player and keeper books?

Also sorry for any part in that confusion I may of caused.

Edited by glassneedles

7 hours ago, Mike M said:

Thanks

Very promising! Am I correct to assume that the Player/Keeper book combo will still require CoC Keeper's Book to play? Or by "rules and setting" do you mean it will be a stand alone game?

1 hour ago, DreadDomain said:

Very promising! Am I correct to assume that the Player/Keeper book combo will still require CoC Keeper's Book to play? Or by "rules and setting" do you mean it will be a stand alone game?

It won't be a stand-alone game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

On 8/30/2021 at 12:30 PM, Mike M said:

Gaslight - we are planning a two book set: a player book (with rules and setting) and a keeper book (with secret stuff and scenarios).

Many thanks for this update!  Would it be possible to for you to provide us with information about the project’s production status, please?  e.g. something like the one you announced for Regency Cthulhu.  (Is there a final MS in the copy-editing stage, for instance, or is it currently in layout/art design?  Or is it even further along, perhaps transmitted to the printers with an on-press date set?)

Also, since Cthulhu by Gaslight will now be a two-volume edition, are the player and Keeper books going to be published more or less simultaneously or will one follow the  other after a period of time?

Thanks again for the new info and future details.  Lots of people are looking forward avidly to this new edition.

• Like 1