List of Chaosium's Call of Cthulhu 7e books

ajtheronin

39 minutes ago, DreadDomain said:

I would also be interested. I recently bought the Alien RPG and the mood of the game made me want an official Cthulhu sci-fi setting. 

The Alien RPG is really good and I do feel like Chaosium could have gotten the jump on it. I'm not too annoyed since Free League is pretty much the only RPG publisher that I'm aware of that rivals Chaosium's production design for me, really nice quality books and their boxsets could probably be used as a weapon in a pinch!

If we are saying which vaguely outlined CoC book we are most interested in the one I want the most is the Chris Spivey Pulp Cthulhu superhero book. There was a podcast he did a while ago (I can't remember what one but I got the link off BRP Central) where he said if Pulp Cthulhu dialled CoC characters up to 10 then this did it to 50 or something like that. He also said there was a big history thing he did explaining how the superheroes emerged and evolved since ww2. After how great Harlem Unbound was and my personal interest in superheroes this sounded exactly like my cup of tea.

1 hour ago, glassneedles said:

If we are saying which vaguely outlined CoC book we are most interested in the one I want the most is the Chris Spivey Pulp Cthulhu superhero book. There was a podcast he did a while ago (I can't remember what one but I got the link off BRP Central) where he said if Pulp Cthulhu dialled CoC characters up to 10 then this did it to 50 or something like that. He also said there was a big history thing he did explaining how the superheroes emerged and evolved since ww2. After how great Harlem Unbound was and my personal interest in superheroes this sounded exactly like my cup of tea.

Chris Spivey's Superhero game based on Pulp Cthulhu is definitely another one I am very interested in!

On 8/31/2021 at 4:30 AM, Mike M said:

Gaslight - we are planning a two book set: a player book (with rules and setting) and a keeper book (with secret stuff and scenarios).  This is not planned to be a boxed set (books are too large). It was mix up in terms of what may have been said previously. These will be followed by a book of more scenarios and a campaign book - The Curse of Seven. 

Is it going to be a slipcase combination?

A little update on some titles:

Gaslight is in development / writing. The final format (such as slipcase or not) is yet to be decided.

Arkham Unveiled (locations in the Miskatonic Valley) - the first book "Arkham" is currently in writing.

Sci-fi Cthulhu  - is written and now sitting in the editorial development queue.

As you can imagine, we are a small Cthulhu team (Lynne and I) in terms of production, so things take time. When they are ready, we'll say more. Thanks for your continued support and enthusiasm - we are working hard to get these and other titles onto your gaming tables. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

12 hours ago, Mike M said:

Gaslight is in development / writing. The final format (such as slipcase or not) is yet to be decided.

Sci-fi Cthulhu  - is written and now sitting in the editorial development queue.

I will be really happy when Gaslight hits the streets. 

Any more info on Sci-Fi Cthulhu that may narrow the focus a little?  It is a very broad title 😉

On 2/14/2020 at 10:02 PM, trystero said:

I have a list of mentioned-as-upcoming CoC releases in the wiki on RPGGeek:

https://rpggeek.com/wiki/page/Call_of_Cthulhu_7th_edition_upcoming_releases

And the RPGGeek database should include entries for all extant releases: see the "Linked Items" section on this page:

https://rpggeek.com/rpg/23113/call-cthulhu-7th-edition

Hi, I remember the release of this book here https://rpggeek.com/rpgitem/308776/100-rumours-hear-lovecraft-countryemployee tracking
Everyone who gave it to read liked it.

George Carlin

"The day after tomorrow is the third day of the rest of your life."