Call of Cthulhu 40th Anniversary Edition

• 11 months later...

How about: A reprint of the first edition box set? Or use the first edition box art but update the rulebook and 1920's sourcebook, include maps featuring Mythos spots worldwide, cardboard figures (a la Pathfinder's tokens), play aids, and a book of new adventures from the game's early contributors.

Things are happening. Wonders. Some things may be revealed before Halloween 2021, others shall come when the veils between the worlds are weakest around 31 October 2021...

Edited by Mike M
  • Like 10
6 hours ago, Dr_Zarnak said:

How about: A reprint of the first edition box set? Or use the first edition box art but update the rulebook and 1920's sourcebook, include maps featuring Mythos spots worldwide, cardboard figures (a la Pathfinder's tokens), play aids, and a book of new adventures from the game's early contributors.

Original (box) cover art is still my favorite! (Actually the image of Cthulhu on the original rules is pretty great too.)

A reprint of the map that came with the boxed edition would be fantastic. So would a nice set of cardboard miniatures (or a new edition of the two boxed sets of miniatures!)

• Like 1

Just your friendly neighborhood fan pointing out that: 1) prodding devs doesn't make devs turn out product any faster and 2) you not knowing things doesn't mean that things don't exist. Patience, friends. 😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd like to point out that no one here was asking "when it would come out" and even less so "can we have it faster" or "are there yet". The question was "if it was planned". Hopefully, gamers taking interest in what is in store for their favorite game is not seen negatively. 

• Like 3
40 minutes ago, DreadDomain said:

I'd like to point out that no one here was asking "when it would come out" and even less so "can we have it faster" or "are there yet". The question was "if it was planned". Hopefully, gamers taking interest in what is in store for their favorite game is not seen negatively. 

It's hard not to take it as that when Mike M said they were considering it in February 2020, in this very thread. You either trust his response or you don't. "Ehem" is impatience. Chaosium will announce officially on their schedule. Or is this a case of people not taking the effort to read back through the thread?

Edited by klecser
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, klecser said:

It's hard not to take it as that when Mike M said they were considering it in February 2020, in this very thread. You either trust his response or you don't. "Ehem" is impatience. Chaosium will announce officially on their schedule. Or is this a case of people not taking the effort to read back through the thread?

"Ehem" is "any news about this?" A year after the last comment. Hardly impatient.

Your responses to our comments seem more impatient to me (no need for the scolding). I also think Chaosium can speak for themselves. You don't need to act as their (angry) spokesperson.

Edited by Sir Pom-Pom
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, klecser said:

Sure. Last year they told us they were considering it (aka thinking about before making a decision). I fully trust that they were. Almost a year later the question is a "are you still thinking about it or have you decided for or against it". The answer this time is that they have made a decision "for it". I still fully trust the answer.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Sir Pom-Pom said:

You don't need to act as their (angry) spokesperson.

Hardly angry. I'm asking you to consider the (perhaps unintended) secondary messages you communicate with your tack. Where I'm from "ehem" is a deliberately passive-aggressive way of coyly and impatiently avoiding asking a direct question. The search function is a thing. This isn't the first time Mike has commented on "something special in October" being planned for the anniversary. I'm not Chaosium's spokesperson. But I also see them as people. And asking eight months in advance of what we've heard before isn't going to alter their news schedule. And whether you intend it or not, it makes you look like you can't take "we have plans for October" as an answer. And if you didn't know that there were prior updates, fine, but you have the means to find out.

Edited by klecser
44 minutes ago, MOB said:

FYI everyone:

150078853_10159427796532743_4641441121800786525_o.jpg

Thanks for posting this and clarifying the numbers of each type. I've got one of the named Contributors' Editions, and was wondering how rare it was and what it might be worth if somebody wanted to buy mine ("Quachil Uttaus", by the way).

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, sdaniolowski said:

I can assure fans that there are things afoot for the 40th anniversary. Can say no more, lest an angry shoggoth rip out my tongue and devour my typing flingers...!

C'mon, how many fingers do you need to type, anyway? SPILL IT! 😀