Horror on The Orient Express reprint?

sgtscott658

We're in the process of updating the PDF downloads for HotOE on our website and DTRPG. The new version will replace the old some time soon. As for coupons we're figuring out how far back in time we will go for past PDF purchasers to get a discount coupon. That's based on when the 2014 edition went out of print and was no longer for sale.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm the same way.  I don't recall the last time I was obsessively getting on Chaosium's Twitter page and checking this one thread on the forums.  I am not missing out before they sell out.

On 2/7/2021 at 7:12 AM, Mat Mobile said:

I see that I'm not the only one checking the store daily for the "Horror on the Orient Express" and "Beyond the Mountains of Madness" reprints. 😆

The tension is virtually palpable! 😬

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 3dartwork said:

I'm the same way.  I don't recall the last time I was obsessively getting on Chaosium's Twitter page and checking this one thread on the forums.  I am not missing out before they sell out.

With my luck it gets released 5 minutes I meet at work (Firewall prevents acces to Chaosiums forum and site) and sells out 5 minutes before Im off again

3 hours ago, Ejlertson said:

With my luck it gets released 5 minutes I meet at work (Firewall prevents acces to Chaosiums forum and site) and sells out 5 minutes before Im off again

We are printing plenty of these. We won't sell out any time soon, and will print more when stock starts running low.

• Like 7

Hope that Helps,

On 2/4/2021 at 5:48 PM, Rick Meints said:

We're very close to taking orders on it. We're just waiting for it to arrive at our EU warehouse.

So, out of curiosity, how far away is the printing press from the EU warehouse? (ideally, distance in days...)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 2/13/2021 at 3:08 PM, JRS said:

So, out of curiosity, how far away is the printing press from the EU warehouse? (ideally, distance in days...)

Hi Chaosium/@Rick Meints. I notice book 1 is available on the store front as a pdf. What is the eta on the physical pair of books please? We are holding off on transitioning to another CoC campaign for HotOE, and our much prefer the books + pdf option.

All the best.

Edited by Ziggy Marsh

35 minutes ago, Ziggy Marsh said:

Hi Chaosium/@Rick Meints. I notice book 1 is available on the store front as a pdf. What is the eta on the physical pair of books please? We are holding off on transitioning to another CoC campaign for HotOE, and our much prefer the books + pdf option.

All the best.

I’m not seeing it?

Please be mindful of our general reluctance in answering "when" product availability questions. If we provide an incorrect answer we usually get complaints, frustration, and sometimes outright anger from people who treat such a date as an iron-clad guarantee. Do we want people to know when things will be for sale? Of course we do. Do we want to be helpful and informative? Of course we do. Do we want to disappoint people? No, we don't. Do we want to get into answering "but you said X was the date, so why didn't that happen" questions? No, we don't.

Case in point. The Malleus Monstrorum slipcase set was late in delivery to most of our warehouses, especially our UK warehouse. The shipping delays were severe, and unexpected. We couldn't plan for our UK shipment to be rejected and sent back to us because the shipping company ran out of warehouse space due to Brexit delays. When we talked about that situation with eager buyers, most were understanding, but we also got sincere hate mail about us lying, playing games with people, and being unprofessional, all because we said X was the LIKELY date it would be for sale, and then it turned out it was later than that. 

• Like 6

Hope that Helps,

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:

We have started selling the PDFs of the HotOE reprint on our website, so we updated the product pictures to go along with that. We are doing likewise with the BtMoM reprint PDF. Both of those products will have the printed versions for sale soon. We will certainly announce when they go up for sale, probably a few days prior, once they are in all of the associated warehouses. Buying the printed version includes a free PDF if purchased on chaosium.com. We will also be sending out discount coupons for the printed version to recent buyers of the PDF.

• Like 1

Hope that Helps,

2 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

Please be mindful of our general reluctance in answering "when" product availability questions. If we provide an incorrect answer we usually get complaints, frustration, and sometimes outright anger from people who treat such a date as an iron-clad guarantee. Do we want people to know when things will be for sale? Of course we do. Do we want to be helpful and informative? Of course we do. Do we want to disappoint people? No, we don't. Do we want to get into answering "but you said X was the date, so why didn't that happen" questions? No, we don't.

Case in point. The Malleus Monstrorum slipcase set was late in delivery to most of our warehouses, especially our UK warehouse. The shipping delays were severe, and unexpected. We couldn't plan for our UK shipment to be rejected and sent back to us because the shipping company ran out of warehouse space due to Brexit delays. When we talked about that situation with eager buyers, most were understanding, but we also got sincere hate mail about us lying, playing games with people, and being unprofessional, all because we said X was the LIKELY date it would be for sale, and then it turned out it was later than that. 

This is the exact reason why I continue to post about a need for patience and consideration of tone. Chaosium employees are people. Chaosium is also a small company, and cannot participate in the "release date certainty" that a lot of companies can, based on their size.

• Like 1

Just now, glassneedles said:

Will there be stock in the UK warehouse at some point? Brexit has really buggered up ordering from Europe sadly. 

Please see our latest shipping updates to follow what's happening. You can get up to date information delivered to your inbox by subscribing to our newsletter. We release an update approximately every few weeks. Here's the latest:

https://www.chaosium.com/blogcovid19-shipping-and-fulfilment-update-15-february-2021/ 

Newsletter subscription is on the bottom left of the page.

There's also an RSS feed, if you do that sort of thing:

https://www.chaosium.com/rss.php?action=newblogs&type=atom