Does illumination turn you to a "monster"?

Pheres

1 hour ago, Qizilbashwoman said:

there's a torture museum in San Diego. it's not for the faint of heart. i've been - and the only other time i've missed a meal was when I visited the museum at the Peace Park in Nagasaki.

Gotcha, I do not mark a lot of dates in a year, but the only day I will not work is Nov. 11 and the only days I have to take a few minutes of silence and reflection without fail are Aug 6 and 9

• Like 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

On 3/14/2020 at 10:51 PM, Pheres said:

I would like but accessing informations from one thousand hundred years ago is very hard for me. If you have found some, please let me know, i will be very pleased to begin to solve my ignorance trouble. :)

One thousand hundred years ago?  Hardly.  Bother to check up on the historical records of the periods in question.  There is also a lot of subsidiary archeology that is pertinent.

6 hours ago, Qizilbashwoman said:

there's a torture museum in San Diego. it's not for the faint of heart. i've been - and the only other time i've missed a meal was when I visited the museum at the Peace Park in Nagasaki.  it looks like it's gonna be entertaining - yay, iron maidens! - but it's dead silent in there and everyone leaving is absolutely ashen-faced with horror

Yeah, I've been to the Torture Museum in San Diego.  I am glad it exists, and I would encourage more people to go see it, as it is a sobering education in why compassion is important.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2020 at 8:37 AM, Ali the Helering said:

As I said, little point.  And no, l am not required to play your language game, the English etymology and broad usage will serve.  Actually, no point. Bored now.  After 40 years in Glorantha l should have learnt not to feed Uz, but hey... 

I still don't see those examples you have been suggesting you have.  Who is the Uz here?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darius West said:

I still don't see those examples you have been suggesting you have.  Who is the Uz here?

As l said, I have more important things to do than waste time with you.  If you want a list of lecture series received and delivered, and publications of my own & used as reference, I suggest you look around at the real world and see what really matters. 

After the crisis is over, I might bother. Until then, Glorantha is secondary. 

My status matters even less than your opinion of me. 

36 minutes ago, GAZZA said:

I apologise for any part I may have played in that. I may have been the first to use RW philosophies as an analogy. In my defence I didn't foresee that would turn into a RW history argument over whether not universal morality exists.

No worries, I am sure. A simple rule of thumb, which had been pushed here in the past and might need another push is simply; be kind. The arguments here have a way of getting heated, but if one is kind (a quick glance in the direction of my favourite whipping boy, for this kind of thing, soltakss) will given an idea of how to achieve this, dare I say, illuminated state.

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

5 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

No worries, I am sure. A simple rule of thumb, which had been pushed here in the past and might need another push is simply; be kind. The arguments here have a way of getting heated, but if one is kind (a quick glance in the direction of my favourite whipping boy, for this kind of thing, soltakss) will given an idea of how to achieve this, dare I say, illuminated state.

My sincere apologies to the community. 

Stay safe, stay well. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Ali the Helering said:

As l said, I have more important things to do than waste time with you.  If you want a list of lecture series received and delivered, and publications of my own & used as reference, I suggest you look around at the real world and see what really matters. 

After the crisis is over, I might bother. Until then, Glorantha is secondary. 

My status matters even less than your opinion of me. 

Still waiting on an example Ali.  Where is it?  I am happy to debate anything you want to put forward on its merits.