Enter a Podcast of Wonder

Bill the barbarian

Enter a podcast of wonder

A grizzled old man with a poorly constructed box under his arm limps into the centre of the dusty square, coughs and wipes phlegm speckled lips, scratches his butt and spits. None of the busy merchants or their eager clients spare more than a suspicious glance in his direction.  He places the box in the centre of the square and steps shakily on to it and it immediately falls apart with a crash spilling him bodily into the dust, with many loud and profane curses.. 

A couple of urchins run out and help him to his feet, fleeing after finding his purse as empty as it looked—the old man’s boots flailing on empty air instead of their butts as they disappear into the now gathering throng. The entire square begins to chortle, and then laughs begin to ring out, first one then another as he proudly brushes himself off while eyeing his now gathered audience. Figuring it to be as ready as it can be, he clears his throat and begins.

“I am sure you have many questions” he begins in a surprisingly loud and sonorous voice… “yes, you over there.  Speak up, hmm. Will it be dangerous, you ask,”

“Will what be dangerous, you old fool”. retorts the surprised and befuddled merchant. Another demands to know, “What have you been smoking, old man. Make sense!"

Ignoring these retorts, he continues his nonsensical speech to the confused throng, “Why yes, extremely dangerous. You ma’am, your question... am I qualified and is your safety assured, no and no.” he responds to a bemused woman holding a casaba melon in one hand whilst she shakes her bejeweled and braided hair, which dances about in a fetching way, gems sparkling as they catch the morning sun.

“And you in the back, the timid one... excuse me, can you speak up, man, Ah yes I see, you ask has this been tested?” a small nebbishy looking chap with a scraggly beard and turban peers over the shoulder of a large woman.

“Yes, that is exactly what, I ...” begins the startled and bewildered little man only to be shushed in mid-sentence by the large woman and then hurried away, feet scrambling to find firm ground to the amusement of all.

“Great question, NO! Which is why I have assembled you all here: the bravest of the brave, true heroes all! Hear me now!

“Our maiden voyage (and again louder) I SAY OUR MAIDEN VOYAGE on the good ship https://windwords.fm to the lands of Glorantha, will sail upon the roiling, bubbling and extremely dangerous  waters of imagination and will depart as soon as you launch your browser and point it to, I SAY AGAIN, https://windwords.fm. and hit play or click on one of the many other fine choices of vehicles offered there such as the SS Spotify or your choice of Apple or Google Podcast, as well as a goodly selection of other podcasting services. Let them take you to a world of wonder as you voyage on the adventure filled seas of the Internet!”

2083095135_ScreenShot2020-03-03at1_04_01AM.png.1e3cb900e4ed15badc8497587057dbcd.png

So come, leave the mundane behind! Enjoy your exercise routine for a change, forget your commuting hassles, make cooking an adventure and join @Joerg, @Bill the barbarian and @lordabdul  as we explore the exotic and yet familiar world of Glorantha in a monthly podcast, discover the news and rumours of the adventure filled green lozenge, hear sages discourse on subjects divers and fascinating! In other words, let us entertain you by choosing your subscription of choice at @ https://windwords.fm. 

Give us your comments here, or at Tribe@windwords.fm

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 5

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

And of course I should thank our truly wonderful beta testers:

• Ali the Helering
  • Crel
  • Dethstrok9
  • g33k
  • Lloyd Dupont
  • jajagappa
  • klesker
  • Minlister
  • MOB
  • Scott-Martin
  • SDLeary
  • soltakss
  • Runeblogger

And if I missed anyone please speak up so I can include you

• Like 2

There is clearly a huge surge in Glorantha podcasts as we are soon releasing our second episode of Finnish Glorantha podcast Dayzatarin tähtien alla (Under the stars of Dayzatar). In our first episode we reviewed Armies and Enemies of Dragon Pass and soon we release the second episode about RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha. We have been joking that we are the only Glorantha podcast (as far as we know) in the world. It is nice to hear we now have company! We will definitely give you a shoutout in our next episode.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 3/4/2020 at 4:52 AM, jrutila said:

We have been joking that we are the only Glorantha podcast (as far as we know) in the world. It is nice to hear we now have company

On 3/4/2020 at 5:20 AM, Zodgrod said:

This is awesome news, thanks for the effort guys, I'm subbing as I type. Would love to know of any other G-tha casts in English. 

And before your news we were operating under the assumption we we the only one in the world (grin). Nice to see we have company and we will happily accept the we are number two to your visionary efforts, jrutila. Ludo, perhaps less so, seeing as he wanted the podcast out sooner and I kept slowing him  down to make sure it was okay. Still, I tip my hat to you folk (and apologize immensely to Ludo, sorry), Bravo! 

Now, there is a chance that Joerg will know how to pronounce your name and your podcasts name but if you send us pronunciations as wavs to bill@windwords.fm (is this right Ludo) or, actually better, use joerg (our german speaker) in place of bill. it would be better, We will give you a shout as well.

19 hours ago, prinz.slasar said:

@Bill the barbarian sounds exactly how I expected.🙂🙂

That bad, eh? Sorry! 

Thanks all for the replies and kind words Please stay tuned as we are already working on episode 02 planned for early April.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

That bad, eh? Sorry! 

Thanks all for the replies and kind words Please stay tuned as we are already working on episode 02 planned for early April.

Nah, not at all. 😀
Good luck with your Podcast and I'm curious. 

Keep it up, guys!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Ludo, perhaps less so, seeing as he wanted the podcast out sooner and I kept slowing him  down to make sure it was okay

Not at all, it's not a race after all! I was just feeling bad because our news items were getting more stale and old with every passing week. But I'm happy to hear there's at least another discussion podcast around. I guess we can still call ourselves the "first and only English-speaking news & discussion podcast on Glorantha"! (and we'll keep on adding more specifics in order to keep the "first and only" title as more podcasts appear :) ).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

• 2 weeks later...

WARNING, WARNING, WARNING, WARNING, WARNING, WARNING, WARNING, WARNING, WARNING, WARNING, WARNING, WARNING, WARNING, WARNING, 

Be aware, the criminal minds known as Bill, Jörg and Ludo have somehow gotten their mitts, once again, on microphones, internet connections and a DAW... They are coming to a website in your corner of the lozenge very soon with yet another Podcast filled with Gloranthan goodness, to keep you amused while you partake of your mundane daily chores. They are not to be approached. Keep a safe distance from them, although listening to them may be alright and possibly even entertaining. Under no circumstances are they to be exposed to bright lights, gotten wet and most importantly never, never never feed them after midnigh... gremlins... oh... never mind,, Bill, it’s time for your yearly bath.... Arrgh, no, run away!!!!!!!!!!

Keep an eye to your fave podcasting listening apps or better yet, subscribe (remember,  9 out 10 ducks recommend windwords.fm for all your Gloranthan podcast needs!)

WARNING, WARNING, WARNING, WARNING, WARNING, WARNING, WARNING, WARNING, WARNING, WARNING, WARNING, WARNING, WARNING, WARNING, 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Awesome, that is very generous Rick! I can not speak unilaterally as we are a team, but I am chuffed by the offer. I must admit to being bit of a fanboy (if one can call one of advanced age a boy) Haning you would be a dream come true.

Cheers

Braving the Gateway to Adventure

Our intrepid explorers three, who had set sail on the perilous seas of Imagination in our last episode, have plotted a new course; past the Copper Sands, up the River of Cradles, encountering strange nomadic warriors on even stranger mounts, dodging f-bombs and mutual throttlings, to bring you our second attempt at sharing thoughts on playing in, or learning about, Glorantha.

Find yourself in one of the most iconic places to adventure; the fabled city of Pavis Outside the Walls. We stop to look at the wares expecting an almost everyday situation in the City’s bustling Founder’s Market, though what befalls our adventurers is anything but mundane!

Before we  arrive though, we are going to wade through news and rumours—and let’s all rejoice in the fact that we have monthly news items for Glorantha these days!

And, we appreciate your feedback either left below or sent to @Joerg, @Bill the barbarian or @lordabdul . Come, visit windwords.fm for more news and even more info.

Now go, and start listening, or Jörg will bring all of this to you in a couple thousand words, typed in a very small font!909186649_ScreenShot2020-03-22at1_15_24AM.png.904c3bb177e4de715d73890332094f17.png

So you’re thinking of joining the tribe? That’s wonderful news! But we want you to be able to listen to our tribal moots (also known as “episodes”) with as much comfort as possible. Just click on the image above!

Edited by Joerg
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

Right, I have subscribed by email, as all the other solutions involved applications I haven't installed on my phone.

I have always had a soft spot for Pavis, so the next one will be interesting.

• Thanks 2

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Announcing Episode 2 of Wind Words:  Scenes from a Market (Pavis Edition) 
Sailing the Seas of Imagination!

The critics say

The worst outrage since the movie Ishtar!

Not as bad as a frontal lobotomy,

I would rather have an ice-pick stabbed repeatedly in my eye!

I survived D-Day, I can take this piece of CENSORED!

Podcast, what podcast… MORE BEER!

Quack, quack, quack… qua… QUACK!

Aw, screw ‘em! Make up you own mind at windwords.fm, today!

• Like 2

On 3/22/2020 at 2:21 AM, Joerg said:

Now go, and start listening, or Jörg will bring all of this to you in a couple thousand words, typed in a very small font!

Don't make threats you won't keep—I need printouts to read from at the game table! :D

• Haha 2

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website