15 minutes ago, lordabdul said:

That's awesome! Similar to the concept of the Biturian Varosh episodes of Wind Words, but with a much more complex material to discuss :D  I'm surprised you were even able to fit the Composite History of Dragon Pass in one episode. I'm sure @Joerg could discuss the first page across 3 episodes ;) 

Checking that first page (p.83 in the hardcover), only if this would amount to discussing the subsections of CHDP in detail. The first page is the "scientific source analysis" provided by the Fourth Age author Greg Stafford.

But yes, I think that I might  have gone over three episodes detailing the entirety of CHPD, expanding the Grazer and Tarsh sections with additional material from the Sourcebook and the Pavis Book. My page count on discussing King of Sartar in the digest archives might come close to the actual source.

@jrutilaDid you discuss the lack of acknowledgement of Moirades' death/ascension in 1610? Even with the leading statement that the lost fragment detailing Fazzur's side and the period of the military governors being ascribed to the same author, I find it strange that the lost Fazzur section talks about interaction with Moirades rather than Pharandros.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Enter a podcast of wonder A grizzled old man with a poorly constructed box under his arm limps into the centre of the dusty square, coughs and wipes phlegm speckled lips, scratches his butt and s

Well, I'm just going off google on this, but I found a few things:  Here's a Spanish-language blog that seems to have delved into the topic before. It appears quite comprehensive, but I haven't t

Our intrepid explorers are moving stealthily through the hills. Well, as stealthy as you can move with two dozen lowing cattle taking exception to being led away from the rest of their herd, and a per

Posted Images

A Question

If you had Rick Meints in your own private studio and could ask him anything from any part of his lengthy career in Glorantha what would it be? Send it to us and we will select questions to be read by our hosts or better yet you can send us your questions in your own voice in an audio file to the tribe@windwords.fm!

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Like 2
On 11/5/2020 at 10:52 PM, Joerg said:

@jrutilaDid you discuss the lack of acknowledgement of Moirades' death/ascension in 1610? Even with the leading statement that the lost fragment detailing Fazzur's side and the period of the military governors being ascribed to the same author, I find it strange that the lost Fazzur section talks about interaction with Moirades rather than Pharandros.

Well, we didn't get that deep into the history. Maybe we can address this as a footnote on our next episode as we continue tearing the King of Sartar apart.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, jrutila said:

Well, we didn't get that deep into the history. 

...and did you have a bit of Gloranthan history that you wished to hear about from Rick’s delving into the lores of Glorantha in his decades long dive into the rabbithole. If so, post it here, jrutila or send the tribe your dulcet tones in a audio file for possible inclusion in out interview with Chaosium’s President.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Keeping the flame up we released our 9th episode of Dayzatarin tähtien alla. It was about Orlanth mythology from King of Sartar. We spoke about the myths and discussed about them. We also went through Jalk's Book briefly. Very interesting stuff. This was also our longest episode so far: 1h 55min. Hopefully this does not become a trend...

By my calculations the next episode of Wind Words should be out already. Everything ok?

• Like 2

While you wait for the next Wind Words, may I point you to Neil Gibson's very nice podcast series where he interviews Jonstown Compendium authors?  The very latest one (episode 6) features Jon Hunter.

(to be clear: The RuneQuest Project used to be an actual play podcast, but Neil has made a spin-off that does interviews, which you get from the same feed)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2020 at 11:16 PM, jrutila said:

By my calculations the next episode of Wind Words should be out already. Everything ok?

Not perfect, thank you for the concern and while it is not unwarranted... we are slowly muddling our way to an early 2021 release of a largely recorded episode (spoilers, it should be great, depends on how badly our new editor Fs it up). We will of course have to record a news and rumours (our stuff is past best before date. But we will get to it). 

Thank you for your patience!

On the positive side, having a break from way too much work means I have had time to run a game, start a module, learn a lot of Reaper, edited a fantastic MotM and... rumour has it module...shh, don’t tell Austin I said that... and began posting here again with regularity for the first time since the podcast began. I am enjoying my leisure. The torturers will return one day and I will once again be chained to my keyboard and mic, but until then...

FREEDOM!!!

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

We finished our King of Sartar trilogy in Dayzatarin tähtien alla podcast by discussing about Argrath. There was lot of new stuff for me and I think I now know a little bit more about this hero. In next episodes we will pick something lighter for a change, though.

This was also our 10th episode, yay! Our first episodes have also reached the one hundred plays per episode. That is, in my opinion, quite nice taking into account our language area and the topic.

We also released a six minute bonus episode that is a small story about Argrath written by @af Granskär 20 years ago and now recorded in speech by me.

So, that is what's happening in Finnish Glorantha podcasting scene. How's the English counterpart doing?

• Like 1