Guide to Glorantha questions.

Hello, I'm considering the purchase of the Guide to Glorantha.  I currently have the Glorantha Sourcebook.  Does the Guide to Glorantha have additional and or expanded art that is not already in the Core Book, Bestiary, Smoking Ruin or Glorantha Sourcebook?

Thanks

Gary

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Gman said:

Does the Guide to Glorantha have additional and or expanded art that is not already in the Core Book, Bestiary, Smoking Ruin or Glorantha Sourcebook?

As Richard said, it has a lot of art, but it also has a ton of maps! For me the maps--scaled at 5 miles/hex--are a huge boon.

A sampling of the best art is available on Chaosium's Glorantha website, the Well of Daliath. The maps can be found for free collected in the Argan Argar Atlas PDF (available both at Chaosium's web store as well as over at DriveThruRPG).

I haven't experimented with printing off maps from the AAA, but it's a good quick-reference tool as GM or when I'm writing. I brought the Guide to my session last week to show the two-page spread of the Holy Country, and found it effective to show the players what the place is like in better resolution and not on a screen. There's a great cartoonish map in some of the recent publications (can't remember what all it's in—I got mine on a sheet off Chaosium's Redbubble store) which is useful, but unfortunately cuts off the sea coast down along God Forgot where my players were sailing, and the other RQG maps share its proportions.

• Like 1