A Rough Guide to Glamour wins the Gold Ennie Award for Best Organized Play 2021

Nick Brooke

8 hours ago, Qizilbashwoman said:

Why is no one talking about Harley Quinn

I think you mean the Red Dancer of Power. She’s one of the 11 VIPs described in the Rough Guide (they’re all on the cover). Here’s her character sheet from Life of Moonson:

http://etyries.albionsoft.com/etyries.com/moonson/red-dancer.html

• Like 2

22 hours ago, g33k said:

C'mon, man... we ALL know you do it old-school!

You spread it all over your bedroom, and SLEEP stop the pile, gloating.

The rest of your abode is just a massive set of traps for those foolish enough to attempt a raid...

Actually, picture Scrooge McDuck swimming in his money bin... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

25 minutes ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Somehow, one way or another, it always comes back to ducks!

Ducks... drakes...

Po-TAY-to... po-TAH-to.

Ain't so far from dragons, eh?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

13 minutes ago, Shiningbrow said:

Or Danny DeVito?

I can only assume you’re referring to Ivex Devouring Dog, dedicated linch-pin of the Imperial economy. He and ten other VIPs are described in the “Rough Guide to Glamour.” 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nick Brooke said:

I can only assume you’re referring to Ivex Devouring Dog, dedicated linch-pin of the Imperial economy. He and ten other VIPs are described in the “Rough Guide to Glamour.” 

I have no idea who I'm referring to by name 😛

Don't worry, I'll be purchasing in time! 

I know that face next to Harley's, but don't recall where (Frank Thring???...) And I was thinking that Cate was actually Alice Cooper... 😛

About those two RuneQuest cult writeups:

• The Cult of the Red Emperor was written by Chris Gidlow and myself and published in issue #16 of Tales of the Reaching Moon magazine (1997), round about the time we were finishing up Life of Moonson. This version is largely the same, with classic artwork, fresh layout, a new section on Iconography, and a few tweaks to bring rules etc. in line with RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha. We understand there won't ever be an "official" cult writeup, so if your game needs a framework for Red Tribunes, Moon Lords, Sultans and Senators carrying out the will of the Red Emperor, this is  the best you're likely to get. It includes copious notes on Lunar concepts of Justice and Nobility, and is closely linked to the rest of the Rough Guide to Glamour, which is why we thought it belonged in the book.

• The Cult of Glamour, First Inspiration of Moonson and Goddess of the Imperial Capital, has never previously been published. This one was written by Jeff Richard, who is also the lead author of the forthcoming Gods of Glorantha, a book which won't contain any City Cults (as they're too parochial). Glamour is, of course, a very atypical city cult: a goddess of illusion, her priestesses are divas and fashion icons rather than mayors or city councillors. As a short break from the exploits of Vasana & Co., Jeff has recently run a RuneQuest game set in Glamour, and this cult writeup was designed to make his wife's character happy. (Which she is!)
Edited by Nick Brooke
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since I dropped in here: feels like a good moment to give you all an update.

A Rough Guide to Glamour is quite literally 99.115 percent done. We are just waiting for one beautiful piece of final artwork (and the sketches and work-in-progress I have seen would make you weep for joy), and then we'll be uploading the finished book to DriveThruRPG. I'll let you know here as soon as it goes on sale.

It'll be available in PDF right away; we hope to make a Print On Demand version available eventually, but that will likely take us a few months to set up (proofing the first printed copy, correcting n00b mistakes, etc.), and the coronavirus situation might make it trickier than normal. But we will get it done as soon as it's humanly possible.

• Like 3

On 3/15/2020 at 1:39 AM, Nick Brooke said:

I think you mean the Red Dancer of Power. She’s one of the 11 VIPs described in the Rough Guide (they’re all on the cover). Here’s her character sheet from Life of Moonson:

http://etyries.albionsoft.com/etyries.com/moonson/red-dancer.html

There is a city on the Red Moon? Wait what?- There is still so much I do not know about Glorantha.

I guess I'll read this and get interesting idea about Lunar PCs.

11 minutes ago, HeartQuintessence said:

There is a city on the Red Moon? Wait what?- There is still so much I do not know about Glorantha.

I guess I'll read this and get interesting idea about Lunar PCs.

There are cities (plural) on the Red Moon. (The Guide to Glorantha, Appendix I is a four-page gazetteer of its surface features, with a beautiful painted map by Eric Vanel - here's a small excerpt). Think Barsoom.

image.png.f95c49cdd81e55a1fece60c7e85758f0.png

Edited by Nick Brooke

Well.. ok... (I keep loving Glorantha's Weird excentricities). Hmm maybe I'll try and figure out how to  do a lunar character, and how to introduce people to Glorantha via Lunar society.

My imedaiate thought was : That is some Sailor Moon level stuff. and then I realized. .no this  bigger than that. This multiple cities. So how do people get up there? Or do people not travel any more anyone up there is already a demigod?

Edited by HeartQuintessence

If all Orlanthi can travel to Orlanth's Stead during worship services on High Holy Days, then I'm sure all good Lunars can travel to the Red Moon on theirs. Makes sense, no?

In keeping with the best traditions of the Seven Mothers' cult, I can neither confirm nor deny that faithful Lunars enjoy an existence of perpetual bliss dwelling in the bejewelled and radiant palaces, cities, countryside and wilderness of the Red Moon itself.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Nick Brooke said:

In keeping with the best traditions of the Seven Mothers' cult, I can neither confirm nor deny that faithful Lunars enjoy an existence of perpetual bliss dwelling in the bejewelled and radiant palaces, cities, countryside and wilderness of the Red Moon itself.

Which makes Argrath pulling down the Moon later in the Hero Wars equivant to Luke Skywalker bringing down the death star!

3 hours ago, HeartQuintessence said:

I guess so. but that's travel. THis sections make it sound like people are living on the moon and it has a big enough population that the cities can trade with each other and stuff.

Why not?

There are cities in the Sky, full of Angels and other Sky Folk.

Why not cities on the Moon?

The Red Emperor has a Palace on the Moon. The Lunar Immortals who can be summoned in the Dragon Pass game, sorry having a mind-blank, live on the Moon, The Crater Makers live on the Moon. I would guess that Lunar immortals also live on the Moon. They are all going to need servants, hangers-on, courtiers and so on.

Edited by soltakss
  • Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here