List of Call of Cthulhu Campaign Settings

On 3/15/2020 at 2:17 AM, ColoradoCthulhu said:

Delta Green just isn't one of the main CoC settings; I can change the initial wording to "niche" instead as Delta Green is about secret agents working for covert organizations and doesn't expand much beyond that.

The Delta Green setting is covered by two RPG rule sets.  Delta Green by Arc Light using CoC 6th and 7th edition rules, and “The Fall of Delta Green” which uses a version of GUMSHOE by Pelgrane Press.

The genesis of Delta Green was the government raid on Innsmouth in 1928.  It had an unofficial presence under several different names until June 1942 when it was officially established with the security clearance of Delta Green within the OSS.  Delta Green operated as an official US black operation until July 1970 when an operational disaster revealed their existence and they were officially disbanded. Members of Delta Green continued to operate as rogue agency until reactivated as a Black Project in September of 2002.

"The Fall of Delta Green” (GUMSHOE version) is set in the 1960’s before the disaster that dismantles it.

“Delta Green” (CoC version) is set today (2017 to present).

Delta Green is not just espionage.  It can be espionage, law enforcement, special ops or straight up regular military combat units.  Personnel holding the Delta Green clearance are embedded throughout the government.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@alter is quite correct.

The best way to think about Delta Green is that it exists as THREE related settings/editions:

1. The original DG, released in the 1990s-2000s by Pagan Publishing was a conspiracy-oriented modern-day setting for CoC 5&6
  2. Arc Dream later published a standalone DG game which uses a d100 engine which is BRP-related but definitely not CoC. That is a very actively supported product line through to today.
  3. Pelgrane Press cut a deal with Arc Dream to publish "The Fall of Delta Green" (so far as a one-off book). This is a 1960s setting which uses the GUMSHOE system which also powers Trail of Cthulhu and other Pelgrane Games.

Dean

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alter said:

Ad. 3. This one-off book maybe is not quite right. I heard somewhere that Ken Hite is writing a campaign for "Fall of Delta Green".  

http://site.pelgranepress.com/index.php/the-borellus-connection/

Aim is for pre-orders in the summer, according to https://site.pelgranepress.com/index.php/view-from-the-pelgranes-nest-march-2020/

• Like 2

On 3/17/2020 at 5:44 PM, Gundamentalist said:

Colonial Cthulhu is coming.

It and a companion book are all I'm working on right now.

Gundamentalist, since your publishing company is working on the Call of Cthulhu Colonial America setting, could you include both the late 17th century New England Puritan era as well as the project's original 18th century Revolutionary War era? As there will only be one go at bringing this setting to life, including both would appeal to players who want to experience both settings which are almost 100 years apart. Even if the Puritan setting requires its own companion book, please include this material.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ColoradoCthulhu said:

Gundamentalist, since your publishing company is working on the Call of Cthulhu Colonial America setting, could you include both the late 17th century New England Puritan era as well as the project's original 18th century Revolutionary War era? As there will only be one go at bringing this setting to life, including both would appeal to players who want to experience both settings which are almost 100 years apart. Even if the Puritan setting requires its own companion book, please include this material.

Please DO NOT encourage further delay of this project. I've been waiting ten $#@!ing years already, and I'll probably be $#@!ing dead if it gets delayed that much longer.

My advice is, since they are actually two VERY different settings, that someone should do the Puritan era on its own. It would certainly make for a nice book, covering all of Lovecraft Co in the Witch Scare years. Or take it back to the early settlement years, and/or cover the rest of the country being settled. Hell, go further than that, and you could cover the Spanish settlement of Mexico and So America. There's no reason you couldn't kick in a whole other series of Early American books.

But please, let's not even TALK about delaying CoLoCo further.

Edited by kross
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Steve said:

Wow. I will get this but play it with regular Delta Green rules

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!

1 hour ago, ColoradoCthulhu said:

Gundamentalist, since your publishing company is working on the Call of Cthulhu Colonial America setting, could you include both the late 17th century New England Puritan era as well as the project's original 18th century Revolutionary War era?

Like Kevin says, no. Sorry.

BTW the focus of the project is 1750s/French Indian War - midway beween the events at Kingsport and the events at Pawtuxet.

• Like 2

Adam Crossingham
Publisher & Editor-in-Chief | Sixtystone Press Limited

8 minutes ago, Gundamentalist said:

Like Kevin says, no. Sorry.

BTW the focus of the project is 1750s/French Indian War - midway beween the events at Kingsport and the events at Pawtuxet.

Take up Kevin's suggestion and make a Puritan era campaign as a separate prequel book to the main Colonial era book, but later of course after the first book is released. If Sixtystone Press has been tasked by Chaosium with breathing life into the Colonial era, then it would make sense that any books in that period would be published by you.

• 10 months later...
On 3/17/2020 at 5:44 PM, Gundamentalist said:

Colonial Cthulhu is coming.

It and a companion book are all I'm working on right now.

Adam,

I wanted to check with you about Colonial Cthulhu as it has been almost a year now since your last update. The website for Sixtystone Press was online for a while last year and now re-directs to a pharmacy.

Our gaming group is almost done with the 18th century "Reign of Terror" mini-campaign, and playing in that era has been a lot of fun. We would be interested in running another campaign during the 17th or 18th centuries if a supplement was available.

I found this RPG from 1983 called "Witch Hunt," set in late 17th century Salem, on Wayne's Books website. "Witch Hunt" may be a good resource for your design work, but I haven't read the RPG's books myself.

Witch Hunt

cc: @Mike M

• Like 2

On 3/18/2020 at 1:24 AM, ColoradoCthulhu said:

In addition to the 16th century Elizabethan England setting that has been mentioned by Chaosium as being in development, I would suggest two more settings as future projects.

Hi, I seems to come late,but is there any more news about this setting? I haven’t heard it before,but very interesting in it;)

• Like 1

Chaosium put out a sceneario set in WWI called No Man's Land, while Pelgrane put out a series of Trail of Cthulhu scenarios collected into a set called Dulce et Decorum Est.  Between them, they create a possible WWI setting (the Pelgrane scenarios aren't linked to the Chaosium one, but the Mythos forces used in both are thematically compatible).

On 1/30/2021 at 9:07 PM, ColoradoCthulhu said:

I wanted to check with you about Colonial Cthulhu as it has been almost a year now since your last update. The website for Sixtystone Press was online for a while last year and now re-directs to a pharmacy.

Looks like the website got hijacked with loads of strange .php files.

I've deleted them. However if you type sixtystonepress.co.uk straight into your browser and do not follow a link from a search engine the site will load. I had the site bookmarked so didn't notice the hijacking.

Anyways work proceeds, maps have been completed, some covers and artwork has been done according to finances. Colonial Cthulhu is on its way, but probably not as as fast you'd like.

• Thanks 2

Adam Crossingham
Publisher & Editor-in-Chief | Sixtystone Press Limited

• 2 years later...
On 2/1/2021 at 9:59 PM, Gundamentalist said:

Looks like the website got hijacked with loads of strange .php files.

I've deleted them. However if you type sixtystonepress.co.uk straight into your browser and do not follow a link from a search engine the site will load. I had the site bookmarked so didn't notice the hijacking.

Anyways work proceeds, maps have been completed, some covers and artwork has been done according to finances. Colonial Cthulhu is on its way, but probably not as as fast you'd like.

Spoiler

@Gundamentalist Is there any news regarding this project? I would definitely buy it. And many peoplre are interested in CoC historical settings ❤️
Maybe a Kickstarter campaign could boost the sales as well. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mbalage83 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@Gundamentalist Is there any news regarding this project? I would definitely buy it. And many peoplre are interested in CoC historical settings ❤️
Maybe a Kickstarter campaign could boost the sales as well. 

Good idea! I would Kickstart Colonial Cthulhu to get this project finished. There's enough interest here.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2023 at 10:44 PM, ColoradoCthulhu said:

Good idea! I would Kickstart Colonial Cthulhu to get this project finished. There's enough interest here.

Question is: can you publish 7e material under your own name and organize a crowdfund or everything goes under Chaosium so kickstarting is impossible without them?

• Like 1