Vadeli : some stats

Manu

I'll send soon my player to Jrustela. And it seems that there is a lot of Vadeli there (brown and red). Any idea of the stats for these races? I imagine that the brown are very similar to humans (maybe more intelligent). But the red?

There's two options

1)  Play the Reds as being a normal human race but with a fighting bent.

2)  Play the Reds as a race of demigods, (like a mistress race troll) who have honed their skills all the time they've been missing (since the Great Darkness).

Personally I think the Reds are mostly of tyoe 2 but there are new reds (type 1) who have been born since the Opening.

Basic magic would be spirit magic and they might have the opportunity of using their affinities for rune magic (they wouldn't worship Gods unless it were to debase them in secret rites).   They would also know sorcery but this will manifest on the equipment they use (ie their Boon of Kargan Tor is how much?!?).  They will not cast sorcery directly in combat as this goes against their caste.

• Like 1

Many of the Vadeli are ancient, and will have specialized skills to reflect that, and probably journeyman skills in stuff not explicitely forbidden to them.

All are sorcerers, which means that their INT should rate somewhere above 13. Not sure about raising their species maximum.. 12 + 1D6 would allow them to reach 18 at creation and 21 as species maximum. They might have enslaved or possibly integrated spirits to gain additional volume for their manipulations, or otherwise they might use Enhance INT like munchkins.

Vadeli tap freely - why kill an enemy intact if said enemy can fuel your magic? They may know spells to tap the sea or the land, analogous to Steal Breath, but they are as likely to have spells to tap all manner of characteristics and possibly even skills or rune points.

They will have inscribed their spells with a fair amount of default manipulation, and they may have enchanted lots of battle magics onto themselves. Possibly engraved or even inlaid directly onto their bones?

The Red Vadeli will be sorcerers, too. They may have weaponry and armor of dwarf manufacture, at least since their activities on Jrustela and along the Pamaltelan coasts.

• Like 2

Telling how it is excessive verbis