Dorastor

Dissolv

On 3/18/2020 at 7:49 PM, soltakss said:

I have some high-level scenarios, but might take them out as they are probably too high-level for a Jonstown Compendium supplement.

Leave them in.

And include preferred tactics! Some advice on how GMs should play an NPC with that sort of power...

• Like 3

On 3/20/2020 at 2:29 AM, Shiningbrow said:

And include preferred tactics! Some advice on how GMs should play an NPC with that sort of power...

Working on that now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

While looking at the Chaotic Features Table from the Gloranthan Bestiary p89, I noticed an unfortunate typo.

Highly flammable; if ignited, bums all within a 3-meter radius

I might change it to burns all within a 3-meter radius.

Edited by soltakss
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

From the proposed blurb on the front page:

Thank you for purchasing Secrets of Dorastor. This is a personal description of how the author sees the land and people of Dorastor and should in no way, shape or form, be considered canon. Future Chaosium releases will contradict this and I, for one, will be happy when they do. Having said that, please feel free to use and abuse the land and people of Dorastor contained herein, as they will happily abuse you.

If people are interested, here's an update on where I am at with Secrets of Dorastor

• Introduction - Done
  • Places - Done
  • Personalities - Text done, but need to add Stat Blocks
  • Bestiary - Text done, but need to add Stat Blocks
  • Organisations - Done
  • Cults - Done
  • Effects - Done
  • Treasures - Done
  • Miscellaneous - Done
  • Encounter Tables - WIP
  • Scenarios - Text done, but need to add Stat Blocks and flesh some things out
  • For Games Masters - Done
  • Maps - Main map done, other maps WIP

I have attached a table of Contents, as it is at the moment, without artwork and layout.

Dorastor_TOC.txt

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Joerg said:

Sorry, but no - this book is a colection of the 2015 relevations, but this talk about the Dorastor map was held only in 2019.

I think you're both right. The lecture was 2015 but the book came out last year. And like the Land of Doom itself, there may be weird time loops and currents that look like paradoxes.

singer sing me a given

I fear I was not clear. In 2019, Sandy held another seminar starting as "Forgotten Secrets" at Kraken, but about halfway through it became a series of industry anecdotes instead. Before it came to that, however, Sandy had a go at the flipchart and sketched out the interior of Dorastor as we know it from the Guide or Dorastor: Land of Doom, and then drew another line for the Ralian flanks of the Rockwoods, and revealed a very large area between the slopes visible from Nangtali Plateau and those visible from Karia. And that is a region which is in flux, or only of temporary reality, or whatever. No two passages across Kartolin Pass cross the same type of territory. Unless it's a trap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

14 hours ago, 7Tigers said:

Well, I'm sure Sandy gave way more details in 2019 but the More F S of G pdf includes a small map  by Jon Hodgson illustrating what you (Joerg) describe.
Anyway, as it is a "put what you want" land, details are not mandatory to use the concept.

Indeed, the perfect "blank land", nothing you put there can possibly be contradicted by canon, ever.

• Like 1