MOB

Rune Fixes #2

Here is the second Rune Fixes:

It gives more details on the Rune Spells Extension and Berserker, and for Aimed Blows, and Two-Weapon Fighting.

Rune Fixes are also available to download from the Chaosium website, along with an assorted set of related free downloads for聽RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha, including Rune Fixes #1, the RQ2/3 to RQG conversion guide, errata for RQG's first printing, and information about Gloranthan metals and crystals from the forthcoming GM's book. All available to download free:

https://www.chaosium.com/runequest-rune-fixes

Edited by MOB
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 12

Maybe we can release a Rune Fixes Fixes on the Jonstown Compendium 馃槄

I was also surprised to see that this new document adds to the previous Rune Fixes, as opposed to being a newer, bigger version.

Edited by lordabdul
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, lordabdul said:

Maybe we can release a Rune Fixes Fixes on the Jonstown Compendium 馃槄

I have been tempted to collate the Well of Daliath errata into a PDF to load up here, but definitely feels like I'd be overstepping myself.

That said, it seems to me that RF2 overturns the errata ruling regarding the Stackability requirements of spells cast with Extension, since all the sample "problem" spells ([Weapon] Trance, etc.) are Nonstackable. Broadly, that seems a good thing because it makes life simpler.

And lets me once more Extend my Bear's Strength so I can hit people really hard. I might be a lil biased here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crel said:

That said, it seems to me that RF2 overturns the errata ruling regarding the Stackability requirements of spells cast with Extension, since all the sample "problem" spells ([Weapon] Trance, etc.) are Nonstackable. Broadly, that seems a good thing because it makes life simpler.

Yes, very happy to see it go - it always looked like a mistake to me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lordabdul said:

I was also surprised to see that this new document adds to the previous Rune Fixes, as opposed to being a newer, bigger version.

It makes it very readable, though - otherwise,聽there would eventually be聽this huge document with small patches of new stuff in it.

I'm sure it will eventually get collected into a full聽errata.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Crel said:

It looks like the WoD text has been replaced by the RF2 text now. What was it that was overturned?

Also, I had to look up the original RQG description for the Extension spell to spot the differences. AFAICT, the differences are the new ending sentence ("Rune points stacked in Extension and the affected spell cannot be regained until the spell expires."), and the mention that the spell is "Stackable up to 5 points", which I don't quite understand totally (I guess it's to prevent people from saying "I stack 10 points to extend to 2 years!" ? You can only spend 5 points maximum on Extension?)

Edited by lordabdul

33 minutes ago, lordabdul said:

AFAICT, the differences are the new ending sentence ("Rune points stacked in Extension and the affected spell cannot be regained until the spell expires.")

On the other hand, this聽is聽super-important.

16 hours ago, Akh么rahil said:

On the other hand, this聽is聽super-important.

It really is. Certainly as BwT have been playing it as otherwise stacking various spells for years in sequence becomes rather easy. Sure Shield and Axe Trance dont let you lead normal lives. But Charisma and various other spells do. Of course that may well be worth it in some cases but that's a nice crunchy set of choices for players and I'm all in favour of options. Sure you can stack x but it's going to mean you have no or limited rune pool for the duration. Oh, your comrade is down and really needs a Heal Wound? Shame.聽