How do evildoers bring back the Devil?

EricW

The most logical path, to me, would be to reassemble the pieces of the devil.  Obviously mortals would be doing this, as they are not bound by oaths not to be stupid.  The Lunars could as well. 

Only the most insane and depraved would walk this path, however, as Wakboth would surely annihilate even his most devoted followers.  Only the most powerful could even hope to try, and the would have the most to lose.......

1 hour ago, Akhôrahil said:

Or you could just tip The Block over.

OK guys, I've got this great plan. All we need to do is to tunnel beneath the Block and avoid all the Storm Bullers, then we dig a great big pit so the Block falls over and frees Our Lord and Tyrant Wakboth. All Set?

[A couple of years later] right here we go, then, the storm Bullers don't know we are here, we have a Humungous Gnome ready to go and we have the Holy Fluffer Giantess ready to breathe life into Wakboth, so now PUSH! hang on! It's not meant to fall that way, no, try and catch it! Arrrgh!

In my game the Block is just a bit taller than Wakboth, so trying to tip it over almost certainly results in it falling and crushing his entire body, except for two hands, one on either side.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

In my old campaign, the PCs stationed a True Dragon wrapped around the Block, to stop any attempts to attack it, as they thought I might bring Wakboth back. My plan was to have a Draconic Hero have the Dragon lift the Block up and fly away with it, but the campaign stopped before it could finish.

• Like 3

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

slightly more seriously, ol Sheng Seleris might give it a shot if he gets into a tight enough spot in the Hero Wars.  If he thought he and his Shadow Moon Empire could survive the fallout he might at least try to weaken the Block's hold on Wakboth, propping it up so to speak, in order to create a second front for his Sartarite antagonists

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dumuzid said:

slightly more seriously, ol Sheng Seleris might give it a shot if he gets into a tight enough spot in the Hero Wars.  If he thought he and his Shadow Moon Empire could survive the fallout he might at least try to weaken the Block's hold on Wakboth, propping it up so to speak, in order to create a second front for his Sartarite antagonists

I don't think he wants Wakboth back.

However, when he is killed, the Monster Empire emerges, run by those who would use evil powers and they definitely would want to bring Wakboth back.

• Like 3